Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,920 of 3726

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

PowerPoster

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl77 View Post
    And this makes trouble.
    If I set Cancel to true, then I can't select a tab at all.
    I could manage the Cancel value, but I think this is not a good approach.
    When you select the Tab during MouseUp you Need to flag an private variable (form variable) so during that selection you do not set Cancel to True in the TabBeforeClick Event.
    I think the event will also be fired when you Change the tab by code. So in that exception you need to by-pass it once.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    When you select the Tab during MouseUp you Need to flag an private variable (form variable) so during that selection you do not set Cancel to True in the TabBeforeClick Event.
    I think the event will also be fired when you Change the tab by code. So in that exception you need to by-pass it once.
    That what I meant by "I could manage the Cancel value, but I think this is not a good approach.".
    It works in this special case of course.

When I make it like this, I must set the variable on every single .Selected call.
    And reset it afterwards.
    Ok, this can be made.

But for scrolling through the tabs by wheel, this approach fails.
    Cancel is true, so scrolling doesn't work.
    As there is no Scroll events, I can't do anything.

And it is not a solution to set the variable on MouseDown.
    If no MouseUp happens, then I'm lost.
    MouseEnter/Leave both don't fire, so no chance to reset (while this wouldn't be reliable in this case anyway).

Again see attached sample.
    Tbs2.zip

Any better idea? Or I hint on what I'm overlooking?

EDIT:
    I tried several apps to see how they react on MouseDown on a tab.
    They all switch the tab immediately on MouseDown, and not on MouseUp.
    So what we find in VBCCR is a correct behavior.

But I don't like it so much.
    The Tab control seems to be the only control that doesn't behave like all other controls.

If the workarounds are too much effort, then I fear I have to live with the standard.
    Last edited by Karl77; Jan 4th, 2018 at 07:36 AM.

PowerPoster

MouseEnter/Leave both don't fire, so no chance to reset (while this wouldn't be reliable in this case anyway).
    They fire only when the MouseTrack property is set to True.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    They fire only when the MouseTrack property is set to True.
    Thanks for the hint!

Anyway, I now decided to accept the immediate action on MouseDown.
    It doesn't make sense to make non-standard solutions.

Addicted Member

Hello

There are no installation instructions and no clear download link.
    At design time (IDE) there is only one dependency. (OLEGuids.tlb)
    That means I'm looking for a file called "OLEGuids.tlb", nothing more.

The first post states:
    List of revisions
    21-Dec-2017
    - Improved the WM_MOUSEWHEEL handler for fine-grained wheel changes in the TabStrip, MonthView and DTPicker control.
    I see no "Download" link. The only way to get the file seems to be through GitHub, but VBCCR/Standard EXE Version/OLEGuids/OLEGuids.tlb was last updated on 18 November 2017.

How is one supposed to get the latest version of this CommonControls library?
    Last edited by OldClock; Jan 8th, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

PowerPoster

the project download is at the bottom of the first post. If you have issues setting up the project, you can just download the already compiled ocx from this thread. also at the bottom of the OCX threads post.

see here --> http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...on-controls%29

download the VBCCR15.OCX.rar.docx file, and rename it to VBCCR15.OCX.rar
    extract the rar, to a folder using winzip/winrar or 7zip.
    copy the VBCCR15.OCX to a permanent location like syswow64. and register it there.
    (open a admin commandline, and run regsvr32.exe VBCCR15.OCX /register from syswow64)
    Last edited by DEXWERX; Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

Addicted Member

1. Why not write clear installation instructions in the first post?
    2. Why not offer a clear download link for the "only one dependency", "OLEGuids.tlb"?
    Last edited by OldClock; Jan 9th, 2018 at 04:52 AM.

Addicted Member

Thank you for the reply DEXWERX. I checked the attachments to the first post of the EXE version. The only attachment visible to me is "ComCtlsDemo.zip.docx". It contains "OLEGuids.tlb" from 2017-06-09. How does one get the "leading source" EXE version from 21-Dec-2017?

Addicted Member

In the meanwhile I'm trying to use the Slider widget in an existing project. I've copied OLEGuids.tlb from 21-Dec-2017 into the system folder, and added a reference to it. Nothing new appeared in the toolbox, so I clicked Project > Add User Control > Existing, selected ComCtlsDemo/Builds/Slider/Slider.ctl. It appears in the toolbox. However, when I try to place it in a form, I get an error: "User-defined type not defined" from
    Code:
    Private PropRightToLeftMode As CCRightToLeftModeConstants
    So I grepped and found that that probably comes from Builds/ComCtlsBase.bas, so I added that module, tried again, and, user-defined type not defined:
    Code:
    Public Sub ComCtlsSetSubclass(ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal This As ISubclass, ByVal dwRefData As Long, Optional ByVal Name As String)
    Found it in Builds\ISubclass.cls, so I added that, tried again, fail again with "DPICorrectionFactor"...

Surely this brute-force head-banging is not the correct procedure for adding a widget to an existing project... But I see no installation instructions. What am I missing?

PowerPoster

OldClock,

It seems you don't understand the concept of the Std-EXE version.

That's why I advise you to just use the OCX version.
    When you read the first post carefully you will find a link to the OCX.

Addicted Member

By explaining the issues a new user to your custom controls such as myself encounters I was hoping the situation could be improved for everyone - by browsing through these 48 pages I see I'm not alone.
    I raised some issues already in September last year - none of them were addressed. There still are no clear installation instructions for incorporating these custom controls in an existing project and in a new project, no clear licencing, no clear download link. When one is involved with something for a long time, one becomes blinded to how it appears from the outside; I think that may the the case here. For example someone trying to find what licence this whole thing is under will not find that information in the standard place - a "LICENCE" text file is not bundled with the project and is not to be found on the GitHub page, it does not exist. Only through luck would one find "no license, free" on page 42 of this forum. It reminds me of H2G2,
    "But the plans were on display . . ."
    - "On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."
    "That's the display department."
    - "With a torch."
    "Ah, well the lights had probably gone."
    - "So had the stairs."
    "But look, you found the notice, didn't you?"
    - "Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard."
    OldClock,
    It seems you don't understand the concept of the Std-EXE version.
    Maybe I don't.
    At design time (IDE) there is only one dependency. (OLEGuids.tlb)
    This is a modified version of the original .tlb from the vbaccelerator website.
    But for the compiled .exe there are no dependencies, because the .tlb gets then compiled into the executable.
    Everything should be self explained, because all functions and properties have a description.
    Having everything compiled into the EXE is what I want. If I missed the concept, would you explain it better?

I verbosely explained the issues in this and previous posts in hopes that these issues can be addressed properly, for everyone's benefit.

PowerPoster

Hey OldClock - why so rude and demanding? Please don't forget that Krool is donating his time to this project, offering it all 100% free of charge. Yes it would be splendid if he spent even more time putting it all together in a perfect professional package with polished documentation, but that's a lot to just demand or expect from a volunteer.

You've identified a pain point, so maybe this would be a good thing to contribute back once you've worked out the details? You know, for everyone's benefit

Addicted Member

jpbro:
    1. I disagree about rude. It takes time to point out issues clearly, and instead of acknowledging the problem, I received "It seems you don't understand the concept of the Std-EXE version" in reply. As I admitted, perhaps I don't, but that means the concept can be explained more clearly.
    2. Demanding - I'm pointing this out for my own selfish needs as well as for every other layman's benefit. I'm not asking for much either. A project that's been going of for many years is shooting itself in the foot if it doesn't explain the basics to attract more users, testers and potential developers - in that order.
    3. I've been heavily involved in open-source for the last 10 years and am quite familiar with how it works. I can't give back before I understand anything about this.

PowerPoster

I understand your frustration. It's difficult to jump into a complex project as a beginner.

Some helpful info:
    A typelib is a binary file that defines types, object interfaces, and more specific API definitions needed for COM interop / marshalling (and VB)
    There is no code in it per-se, just a set of definitions needed to interact with certain APIs. So you won't find any controls in a type library.

They can be embedded in an ActiveX DLL or OCX, or as standalone .TLB files, and they are installed similarly using REGTLIB.EXE

So plop the typelib in a good spot - and browse to it under references to add it to your project.

Like jp said - Write down the steps you take to get the standard exe going and paste the instructions here, so you can help other beginners figure it out too.

Word of caution though - the standard exe project can be difficult to work with for developers that don't already have the pre-req knowledge of
    1) building user controls in VB
    2) COM/typelibs/ActiveX Dlls
    3) Win32 API, Subclassing, Windows Common Controls

Feel free to ask specific questions - there are plenty of people here other than KROOL that are willing to help out. That's the beauty of open source.

edit: another tip - There are many dependencies for the controls - and they are all packaged nicely in the OCX version.
    If you are trying to use just a couple controls of the EXE project - start by getting the EXE project going, and then removing all the pieces you don't need.
    Spend some time figuring out the dependencies before you go and try adding stuff piecemeal to another project.
    Last edited by DEXWERX; Jan 9th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by OldClock View Post
    jpbro:
    1. I disagree about rude.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about this one.

I haven't really used Krool's controls much so I may be wrong about the following, but I just tried getting a "minimal" project together to use a subset of the controls without requiring the OCX as follows:

1. Download the latest source code from GitHub as a ZIP file.
    2. Extract the Standard EXE Version folder.
    3. Start a new VB EXE project.
    4. Rename Form1 to MainForm
    5. Click the Project menu, then click References. The References window appears.
    6. Click the Browse button.
    7. Navigate to the Standard EXE Version fodler that was extracted in Step #2, then navigate to the OLEGuids subfolder and select the OLEGuids.tlb file and click Open.
    8. Back on the References window, click OK.
    9. Add all of the files from the Standard EXE Version\Common folder to the project.
    10. Add all of the files from the Standard EXE Version\Builds folder to the project (not all of the files from the subfolders, just the BAS/CLS files in the Builds folder).
    11. Add the individual UserControls from the various Builds subfolders that I want to be part of my EXE (for example, to add the ComboBoxW control, add the ComboBoxW.ctl file from the Standard Exe Version\Builds\ComboBoxW folder to the project).

From there I added a control to MainForm and it seemed to get sited, compile, and run fine. Again, I haven't done this before so I may have made mistakes (or added more files than necessary), but the above should be a good place to start.

PowerPoster

I love that these projects are on github now. It's cool to see someone submit a fix (for the flexgrid) and see what was fixed.

Hyperactive Member

Hi Krool,

If LabelW is inside FrameW, the LabelW_Click() event does not fire.

I experimented with the "old" FrameW (before 3-Jul-2017 version), it works.

Hyperactive Member

Hi Krool,

Ref attached screenshot.

I am converting a more than 10 year old app to use your controls. The screenshot show a MDI child window which is normally used to show a chart on a picturebox. During the occasional optimization process, the chart will be cleared using .cls. On every iteration/permutation, .cls again and the running updated optimization information are re-printed using .CurrentX, .CurrentY and .Print. This repeats until the last iteration/permutation.

This process can be aborted anytime with the Abort button. Using the VB6 commandbutton, it stay on the window. When I use CommandButtonW, it won't show. However, when I resize the window, it will show and then sometime flicker on and off and disappear.

It is not really a problem because for this one button I can use the VB6's. But if there is some thing I can do, I rather use your CommandButtonW.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chosk; Jan 10th, 2018 at 06:37 AM. Reason: For clearer explanation

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by chosk View Post
    Hi Krool,

I experimented with the "old" FrameW (before 3-Jul-2017 version), it works.
    For some odd reason the HelpContext features/properties are only available when the UC's CanGetFocus is True.
    So in order to not gain focus in the FrameW the WM_MOUSEACTIVATE is handled.
    And that also avoid clicking on a windowless Label control...
    Solution would be to put a Picturebox above the FrameW and the Label on the Picturebox.
    Other solution would be to discard WM_MOUSEACTIVATE and put CanGetFocus to False, but that's not recommended due to loss of help features.
    Sorry..

Hyperactive Member

Hi Krool,

Thanks.

No problem. I can use the old FrameW.

Edit:
    I decided to use a CommandButtonW instead of the LabelW
    Last edited by chosk; Jan 10th, 2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: update

PowerPoster

No problem. I can use the old FrameW.
    Hmm. I have found an solution, but I think it is not the "cleanest" way, or is it? Maybe somebody can advise. (?)

So instead of
    Code:
    Private Function WindowProcUserControl(ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam As Long) As Long
    If wMsg = WM_MOUSEACTIVATE Then
        Dim Pos As Long
        Pos = GetMessagePos()
        If WindowFromPoint(Get_X_lParam(Pos), Get_Y_lParam(Pos)) = hWnd Then
            WindowProcUserControl = MA_NOACTIVATEANDEAT
            Exit Function
        End If
    I would use then
    Code:
    Private Function WindowProcUserControl(ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam As Long) As Long
    If wMsg = WM_SETFOCUS Then
        SetFocusAPI wParam
        Exit Function
    to avoid getting the Focus by mouse click. So any Label control would receive it's mouse clicks.
    The tabbing is already avoided by applying TabStop = False on FrameW startup.

Lively Member

oldclock.

krool has invested a lot of time in designing these controls, and many others have added a lot of comments to help this project, we are all so thankful, and we feel that criticism can only jeopardise this beautiful project.

having said that, with krools permission, I would be glad to write a post with all the proper links to download and install the ocx (exe version and ocx version)

do you agree for me to do it, krool?

thanks krool , I use you stuff all the time..

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Semke View Post
    do you agree for me to do it, krool?
    Yes, please. Thanks a lot.

Yes, what Semke said!!!!! ("Krool has invested a lot of time in designing these controls, and many others have added a lot of comments to help this project, we are all so thankful, and we feel that criticism can only jeopardise this beautiful project.") .............. Thank you Krool

Addicted Member

Quite the opposite. Constructive criticism leads to improvements.

Lively Member

The .docx extension was necessary so it could be uploaded. (there is a file limit of 500 KB without .docx extension)
    OCX Source (includes a Compiled OCX)
    EXE-Version Only Source

If you would like to open the source code in Visual Basic, you will need to register OLEGuids.tlb which is in the OLEGuids Folder in the zip file, this is an updated type library with classes required for this project
    Last edited by Semke; Jan 11th, 2018 at 05:38 AM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by OldClock View Post
    Quite the opposite. Constructive criticism leads to improvements.
    Constructive criticism would come across much better with a little humility.
    Especially when you don't know what a typelib, or a manifest, or a resource file is.

PowerPoster

Agreed @Dexwerx...sometimes it's not the message, it's the delivery.

PowerPoster

I think I will revert in the FrameW control back to CanGetFocus = False and thus loosing the HelpContextID feature but gaining the mouse clicks. (both label, or windowless controls on container, and frame itself)
    I would consider that more important than an obselete HelpContextID for this case.
    If somebody uses HelpContextID for an old app, than the Frame control might stay with the VB.Frame then.. any comments concerning this before I suceed? Schmidt?

PowerPoster

Update released.

This point got me so annoyed. The own MouseDown or Click event of the FrameW is not firing and of course not any placed windowless controls on it, as for instance a LabelW control.

So I switched back and turned off again CanGetFocus to False and made some other minor modifications related to that.
    Now you can click on it and get all your events and of course it won't receive focus.
    But, as already warned, this has been done in the expense of the HelpContextID support. However, I will stick with this solution as of now.. When somebody complaints about HelpContextID then I want an advise of how to resolve both. Or just simply switch to VB.Frame when really HelpContextID is needed.

The OCX has also been updated now in 1.5. However, in order to not wait until 1.6 I needed to "ghost" the HelpContextID property. (remove was not allowed in order to maintain binary compatibility)
    Code:
    Public Property Get HelpContextID() As Long
    ' HelpContextID = Extender.HelpContextID
    End Property

Public Property Let HelpContextID(ByVal Value As Long)
    ' Extender.HelpContextID = Value
    End Property

Fanatic Member

OPTIONBUTTONW PROBLEM

OptionButtonW fires 1 event too much on a mouseclick.
    See attached:
    Option.zip

OptionButtonW1(0).Value = True after Form_Load.

When I click OptionButtonW1(1), I get 2 click events.
    1x from OptionButtonW1(0): Value = False
    1x from OptionButtonW1(1): Value = True

The intrinsic control doesn't show this behavior.

---

EDIT:
    I know it's easy to workaround this.
    As I would have to do this in many distributed places, I mentioned it here.
    Last edited by Karl77; Jan 16th, 2018 at 04:15 AM.

PowerPoster

Update released.

OPTIONBUTTONW PROBLEM

OptionButtonW fires 1 event too much on a mouseclick.
    Good catch, solved. Thanks

Addicted Member

In the STD-exe project , when I click on the image combo to expand it and then close the form , IDE crashes !! . It also has no images displayed despite being set to Imagelist 1
    Last edited by Hosam AL Dein; Jan 27th, 2018 at 01:16 AM.

Addicted Member

the previous problem did not occur after removing some ado connection code . this same code with no change at all did not raise any problems . I was about to re-post about this problem and it is hard for me to explain . how come that : some code works fine - close the program - start again - unload the form - now IDE crashes . I am fed up with this error . If possible , I need someone`s help on teamviewer . 3 months of suffering with this issue and with every update I come here to test again and same results . I am sure I am not doing something wrong .

Addicted Member

This problem is about 4 months old for now and I can not find a solution or even determine what the problem exactly is .
    I have posted about it in this thread and followed all suggestions for solution but it never got solved

The problem was that : In a form , If I open a connection using ado and the form contained a populated listview , VB IDE crashes when the form is unloaded or the program is terminated in any way : like End statement or Break in the IDE or even by pressing the close button on a form .

If I remove the ADO connection code , the problem disappears then . And also If don`t populate the listview and keep the connection code only , then the problem also does not occur . So , they are somehow related .

After many tests and workarounds the result is the same . I thought it might be something related to binary conflict while I was upgrading from one version to another or something related to registry or manifests . I was using windows 10 64 bits and some copy of VB6 .Now I have just installed a new copy of Win7 32 bit and also downloaded a new VB6 copy from the web with no known or common problems to get to the very basic clean start point to avoid any mistakes which could have been there in my old system (win 10 - VB6 - registry - manifests or type libraries) . In the old system , the STD-Exe project never ran in my machine . I was using the OCX version only and it was fine till version 1.4 . The problem was about 1.5 version .

Now , with the new windows , I can run the STD-Exe project and I don`t exactly know what has solved this problem(new windows , or some version update of the STD-Exe or some binary conflict removed) but anyway , this is a good point and I thought that this would be the end of my suffer . I made the same old experiment within the STD-Exe project itself . In the main form , I left everything as it is . I have just added a separate command button which just connects to an access 2010 database and just opens the connection and a table in the database.I did not even touch the listview or populate it with the recordset data . I have only opened a connection .

when I posted about this problem here in this post , some people who I`m thankful to , have suggested to organize my code which opens the connection like freeing up memory after the code executes . I followed the advice previously and also in the new system and the problem still occurs .I have even tried all MS Activex Data Objects library with versions like 2.5 -2.8 -6 and 6.1 . The point was that it might be raising some error in the form unload , terminate or the query_unload events and causes the IDE to crash maybe . I have put error handlers in the 3 events and no error was raised at all in any of the test cases .

I said it might be the way I connect to the database is what caused the problem . So , I have used a very clean code from Microsoft examples to open the connection with error handlers and cleaning up lines of code and the problem has never been solved .

Note : I have recently solved this problem but I can not determine the cause accurately . So , there is a problem not related to something wrong I was doing as I said before . I will preview the solution in a separate post for investigation by the folks here about what are the causes of this problem and how this solution resolved it .
    Last edited by Hosam AL Dein; Jan 28th, 2018 at 11:29 PM.

Addicted Member

Sorry for late posting . I have been away the last 3 days .
    About the previous problem , I have logged into the event viewer in windows and I have become able to be more close to it by viewing the error reports of the App Crash error . I found some of the modules which have been previously loaded before the IDE crashes . Some of them were some office libraries . This shed a light in my mind about the database itself (I use Access 2010) . So , I have changed the database to Access 2003 and changed the connection string and everything is fine now . I even changed it to MySql and also the problem did not happen . I have made a link between the last VBA enhancements made by krool and thought that : this might explain the point that the project worked smoothly before some VBA enhancements starting from some version in 1.4 and to the last in 1.5 .

I can not determine the cause of this problem but I found the solution to avoid it . Now , I abandoned using access 2010 and started using Mysql . I was anyway planning to upgrade the database I am using in my next projects . But , the problem is still here for the VBCCR control itself . I will post the error description in event viewer so we can investigate it and determine the problem and its cause .

text from error report
    Version=1
    EventType=APPCRASH
    EventTime=131619560662224530
    ReportType=2
    Consent=1
    UploadTime=131619560663704615
    ReportIdentifier=4460b171-073e-11e8-ad02-344b50b7ef23
    IntegratorReportIdentifier=4460b170-073e-11e8-ad02-344b50b7ef23
    Response.type=4
    Sig[0].Name=Application Name
    Sig[0].Value=vb6.exe
    Sig[1].Name=Application Version
    Sig[1].Value=6.0.81.76
    Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
    Sig[2].Value=3592011f
    Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
    Sig[3].Value=StackHash_bd6d
    Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
    Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.17514
    Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
    Sig[5].Value=4ce7b96e
    Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
    Sig[6].Value=c0000374
    Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
    Sig[7].Value=000c37b7
    DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
    DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
    DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
    DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
    DynamicSig[22].Value=bd6d
    DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
    DynamicSig[23].Value=bd6da9ef237a3963a2e89c4f8462e8c7
    DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
    DynamicSig[24].Value=4001
    DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
    DynamicSig[25].Value=4001e67bd137f2b281c8a96faa71cc92
    UI[2]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\vb6.exe
    UI[3]=Visual Basic has stopped working
    UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
    UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program
    UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program
    UI[7]=Close the program
    LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\vb6.exe
    LoadedModule[1]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    LoadedModule[2]=C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll
    LoadedModule[3]=C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    LoadedModule[4]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VBA6.dll
    LoadedModule[5]=C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll
    LoadedModule[6]=C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
    LoadedModule[7]=C:\Windows\system32\GDI32.dll
    LoadedModule[8]=C:\Windows\system32\USER32.dll
    LoadedModule[9]=C:\Windows\system32\LPK.dll
    LoadedModule[10]=C:\Windows\system32\USP10.dll
    LoadedModule[11]=C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll
    LoadedModule[12]=C:\Windows\system32\OLEAUT32.dll
    LoadedModule[13]=C:\Windows\system32\ADVAPI32.dll
    LoadedModule[14]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\sechost.dll
    LoadedModule[15]=C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll
    LoadedModule[16]=C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcGenral.DLL
    LoadedModule[17]=C:\Windows\system32\SspiCli.dll
    LoadedModule[18]=C:\Windows\system32\SHLWAPI.dll
    LoadedModule[19]=C:\Windows\system32\UxTheme.dll
    LoadedModule[20]=C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
    LoadedModule[21]=C:\Windows\system32\samcli.dll
    LoadedModule[22]=C:\Windows\system32\MSACM32.dll
    LoadedModule[23]=C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll
    LoadedModule[24]=C:\Windows\system32\SHELL32.dll
    LoadedModule[25]=C:\Windows\system32\sfc.dll
    LoadedModule[26]=C:\Windows\system32\sfc_os.DLL
    LoadedModule[27]=C:\Windows\system32\USERENV.dll
    LoadedModule[28]=C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll
    LoadedModule[29]=C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll
    LoadedModule[30]=C:\Windows\system32\SETUPAPI.dll
    LoadedModule[31]=C:\Windows\system32\CFGMGR32.dll
    LoadedModule[32]=C:\Windows\system32\DEVOBJ.dll
    LoadedModule[33]=C:\Windows\system32\urlmon.dll
    LoadedModule[34]=C:\Windows\system32\WININET.dll
    LoadedModule[35]=C:\Windows\system32\iertutil.dll
    LoadedModule[36]=C:\Windows\system32\CRYPT32.dll
    LoadedModule[37]=C:\Windows\system32\MSASN1.dll
    LoadedModule[38]=C:\Windows\system32\MPR.dll
    LoadedModule[39]=C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
    LoadedModule[40]=C:\Windows\system32\MSCTF.dll
    LoadedModule[41]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6IDE.DLL
    LoadedModule[42]=C:\Windows\system32\vbame.dll
    LoadedModule[43]=C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTBASE.dll
    LoadedModule[44]=C:\Windows\system32\CLBCatQ.DLL
    LoadedModule[45]=C:\Windows\system32\SXS.DLL
    LoadedModule[46]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\MSO97RT.DLL
    LoadedModule[47]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2\COMCTL32.DLL
    LoadedModule[48]=C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
    LoadedModule[49]=C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
    LoadedModule[50]=C:\Windows\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll
    LoadedModule[51]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\DATAVIEW.DLL
    LoadedModule[52]=C:\Windows\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL
    LoadedModule[53]=C:\Windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx
    LoadedModule[54]=C:\Windows\system32\comdlg32.dll
    LoadedModule[55]=C:\Windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
    LoadedModule[56]=C:\Windows\system32\COMMTB32.DLL
    LoadedModule[57]=C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\VB98\VBSCC.DLL
    LoadedModule[58]=C:\Windows\system32\MFC42.DLL
    LoadedModule[59]=C:\Windows\system32\ODBC32.dll
    LoadedModule[60]=C:\Windows\system32\odbcint.dll
    LoadedModule[61]=C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\VB98\AddSccus.dll
    LoadedModule[62]=E:\before windows\befor windoes 3\public\softwave smart Q\softwave smartQ\vb6\vs6ent\VSS\win32\SSSCC.DLL
    LoadedModule[63]=C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
    LoadedModule[64]=E:\before windows\befor windoes 3\public\softwave smart Q\softwave smartQ\vb6\vs6ent\VSS\win32\ssus.dll
    LoadedModule[65]=C:\Windows\system32\MSDART.DLL
    LoadedModule[66]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll
    LoadedModule[67]=C:\Windows\system32\bcrypt.dll
    LoadedModule[68]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\OLEDB32R.DLL
    LoadedModule[69]=C:\Windows\system32\comsvcs.dll
    LoadedModule[70]=C:\Windows\system32\ATL.DLL
    LoadedModule[71]=C:\Windows\system32\bcryptprimitives.dll
    LoadedModule[72]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\ACEOLEDB.DLL
    LoadedModule[73]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4940_none_50916076bcb9a742\MSVC R90.dll
    LoadedModule[74]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\office14\mso.dll
    LoadedModule[75]=C:\Windows\system32\msi.dll
    LoadedModule[76]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\ACECORE.DLL
    LoadedModule[77]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4940_none_50916076bcb9a742\MSVC P90.dll
    LoadedModule[78]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\1033\ACEWSTR.DLL
    LoadedModule[79]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\office14\MSORES.DLL
    LoadedModule[80]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\office14\1033\MSOINTL.DLL
    LoadedModule[81]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\ACEERR.DLL
    LoadedModule[82]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\1033\ACEINTL.DLL
    LoadedModule[83]=C:\Windows\system32\MSSTDFMT.DLL
    LoadedModule[84]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll
    LoadedModule[85]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\msadc\msadce.dll
    LoadedModule[86]=C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\msadc\msadcer.dll
    FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
    ConsentKey=APPCRASH
    AppName=Visual Basic
    AppPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\vb6.exe
    here is another error report generated besides the previous one

Faulting application name: vb6.exe, version: 6.0.81.76, time stamp: 0x3592011f
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b96e
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000c37b7
    Faulting process id: 0x1488
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d39b4ad9c24dee
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\vb6.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 4460b170-073e-11e8-ad02-344b50b7ef23

depending on some key errors from the previous two logs I have come to thes points :

1- The program faults in module ntdll.dll .
    2- The error category is StackHash_bd6d. (comes from the first log)
    3- The exception code is 0xc0000374 .(comes from the second log )
    4- The program crashes few steps after loading office14 modules .

The point #4 is what made me try another database option and this way I could "avoid" the problem but as I said I can not determine it accurately .

I googled the error StackHash_bd6d and the Exception Code 0xc0000374 and they are talking about page heap corruption in memory . Maybe the VBA enhancements are the cause or maybe something related to my system . Actually , I don`t exactly know but I posted it perhaps someone could help .

Krool,
    Thank you for your great work towards improving the community. I have discovered a minor issue with the Listview control. To demonstrate, modify your Standard EXE example so that the top right Listview has Multiselect = True. Next scroll to the far bottom right and click with the left button in an empty area as if you were about to create a box to draw a selection around everything in this window. What happens for me is the mouse jumps to the top left of the screen. The jump seems to happen in mouse down. I can move the mouse back down and eventually finish my selection. I discovered this behavior with the listview set to report but it was much more difficult to reproduce.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hosam AL Dein View Post
    About the previous problem
    I've looked into your post...

can you give us your code for the ADO you're using for connection ?
    Win Win7+ you must use at least ADO 6.0
    with Office 2010, you CANNOT use JET OLE, you MUST use ACE

the only way I could see an IDE crash would be subclassing issue, do you subclass your form ?

we can't fix something we don't see the code for.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Semke View Post
    The .docx extension was necessary so it could be uploaded. (there is a file limit of 500 KB without .docx extension)
    OCX Source (includes a Compiled OCX)
    EXE-Version Only Source

If you would like to open the source code in Visual Basic, you will need to register OLEGuids.tlb which is in the OLEGuids Folder in the zip file, this is an updated type library with classes required for this project

What some people don't seem to understand is that FORUM are limited from what we can do.

Krool did a tremendous job and proposition like the documentation really show teamwork collaboration and THAT is what Krool need. Thanks.

I also offered something in past and I hope to deliver soon, it could solve some of the collaboration problem. (if Krool still agree)

I want to show my deep appreciation for Krool work.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by frog357 View Post
    Krool,
    Thank you for your great work towards improving the community. I have discovered a minor issue with the Listview control. To demonstrate, modify your Standard EXE example so that the top right Listview has Multiselect = True. Next scroll to the far bottom right and click with the left button in an empty area as if you were about to create a box to draw a selection around everything in this window. What happens for me is the mouse jumps to the top left of the screen. The jump seems to happen in mouse down. I can move the mouse back down and eventually finish my selection. I discovered this behavior with the listview set to report but it was much more difficult to reproduce.
    If your described issue is the same as described in the following link "ListView quirks in Win 10"
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...irks-in-Win-10
    then I will reject any fix as this is a Todo for MS from last update in Win 10.
    If not (please confirm again) we can look at.

Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast