dcsimg
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185865666768
Results 2,681 to 2,685 of 2685

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Frenzied Member

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    i tested the new version .74 and i can cofirm that manual resizing (turning autosize off and on) fixes now the problem with the truncated text.

But why does the autosize feature of the MS label control works correct without manual resizing?
    it looks like there is still something to improve/fix...
    I don't think the VB.Label will trigger an auto-size in case of an Font fallback. Indicator for me is the background not sized accordingly on the VB.Label. it just draw beyond the border due to DT_NOCLIP. (LabelW uses also DT_NOCLIP, so normally same result should be seen)

Can you make a test with VB.Label as following:
    1.In Win7 in IDE set AutoSize = True and then enlarge afterwards the width.
    2. Compile
    3. Test on WinXp. Is the Width shortened due to the font fallback and autosize?

Thanks

Delete post
    Last edited by pepegriyo2016; Mar 25th, 2020 at 08:37 PM.

Delete post
    Last edited by pepegriyo2016; Mar 25th, 2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: My error

Addicted Member

Does anyone have a clue why you can use 32-bit icons with Win7 and Win10 but the app crashes using WinXP, Vista and Win8!
    First i thought WinXP and Vista are too old but Win7 is older than Win8, i dont get it...

for example:

Windows XP supports 32-bit icons, which are 24-bit images with an 8-bit alpha channel.
    is it vb6 that not support 32bit icons on some OS version?
    or maybe you use a icon/image api that is not supported by some older OS?
    Yeah, I had that problem too.. Now I just use 256 color Icons (use a good color downgrader) for the forms itself from within VB and for all the icons I want in full color I have an resource attached to the project and load that icon through the API and connect it to the form, that doesn't seem to give me a problem on any system.
    So it's partly a problem with VB6 itself.
    But now I've updated my development enviroment to Windows 10, we have said we don't support Windows 7 or below anymore, if something happens we will try for a moment if we can easily fix it, but we won't spend time anymore on actually testing it on the older platforms anymore. Windows 7 and older are really safe anymore. So if it works it's ok, if it doesn't the client is just out of luck and should upgrade to windows 10 (they have had more than enough time by now).

Addicted Member

Does anyone have a clue why you can use 32-bit icons with Win7 and Win10 but the app crashes using WinXP, Vista and Win8!
    First i thought WinXP and Vista are too old but Win7 is older than Win8, i dont get it...

for example:

Windows XP supports 32-bit icons, which are 24-bit images with an 8-bit alpha channel.
    is it vb6 that not support 32bit icons on some OS version?
    or maybe you use a icon/image api that is not supported by some older OS?
    Yeah, I had that problem too.. Now I just use 256 color Icons (use a good color downgrader) for the forms itself from within VB and for all the icons I want in full color I have an resource attached to the project and load that icon through the API and connect it to the form, that doesn't seem to give me a problem on any system.
    So it's partly a problem with VB6 itself.
    But now I've updated my development enviroment to Windows 10, we have said we don't support Windows 7 or below anymore, if something happens we will try for a moment if we can easily fix it, but we won't spend time anymore on actually testing it on the older platforms anymore. Windows 7 and older are really safe anymore. So if it works it's ok, if it doesn't the client is just out of luck and should upgrade to windows 10 (they have had more than enough time by now).

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185865666768