Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 3743

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

PowerPoster

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl77 View Post
    FONTCOMBO

Small problem

This occurs only if the control is set to RecentMax > 0.

Let's say, the last selected font name was "Zürich".
    Then it appears at the top of the list.

If we now press 'End' on the keyboard, the list doesn't scroll down to "Zürich".
    It stops at the top, the place where "Zürich" ist found in the recents list.

I would expect that 'End' would go down to the list.
    It's not a problem with the control. It's a event problem in connection with the RichTextBox.
    The same problem occurs in the Demo.

The reason is that FontCombo1_Click sets the SelFontName of the RichTextBox which on the other hand fires it's own SelChange event and then again sets the Text of the FontCombo.
    In order to avoid this circular thing I added in the Demo (RichTextBoxForm.frm) a Freeze boolean flag: (red marked)
    Code:
    Private Sub FontCombo1_Click()
    If FontComboFreezeClick = True Then Exit Sub
    RichTextBoxFreezeSelChange = True
    If FontCombo1.ListIndex > -1 Then RichTextBox1.SelFontName = FontCombo1.Text
    RichTextBoxFreezeSelChange = False
    End Sub

Private Sub FontCombo1_CloseUp()
    RichTextBox1.SetFocus
    End Sub

Private Sub RichTextBox1_SelChange(ByVal SelType As Integer, ByVal SelStart As Long, ByVal SelEnd As Long)
    If RichTextBoxFreezeSelChange = True Then Exit Sub
    If (SelType And RtfSelTypeText) <> 0 Or SelType = RtfSelTypeEmpty Then
        FontComboFreezeClick = True
        If IsNull(RichTextBox1.SelFontName) Then
            FontCombo1.ListIndex = -1
        Else
            FontCombo1.Text = RichTextBox1.SelFontName
        End If
        FontComboFreezeClick = False
    End If
    End Sub
    Last edited by Krool; Jul 13th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    It's not a problem with the control. It's a event problem in connection with the RichTextBox.
    I see.
    Now with your 2 variables it works as expected.

Thank you.

PowerPoster

Feature update for the FontCombo control.

The FontCombo control now has a BuddyControl property which can be set to another FontCombo only.

Example:
    a Form has FontCombo1 and FontCombo2.
    FontCombo1.BuddyControl is set to FontCombo2.
    Thus FontCombo1 will display the font names and FontCombo2 will display the font sizes of the selected font of FontCombo1.
    If FontCombo1 changes FontCombo2 will be updated. It's all managed within the control so there is no code effort in the app.

FontCombo2 is then internally marked as "buddied" and thus the RecentMax feature is off and also in case the Style is not List only number input is allowed.

The RichTextBoxForm has been extended to demonstrate this new feature.

Fanatic Member

Krool

thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Mustaphi; Aug 21st, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

Addicted Member

hi all , does anyone know what is the property ListItemIndices for listview group is used for ?
    I was looking for something to act as a summary panel for the listview control and I started playing with methods and properties and I passed by the previous property and I did not know what it is for

Lively Member

yesterday I compiled a program using the ocx, (I didn't use a manifest), the buttons (on the toolbar, the only control on the form) were not flat.

am I missing anything?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Semke View Post
    yesterday I compiled a program using the ocx, (I didn't use a manifest), the buttons (on the toolbar, the only control on the form) were not flat.

am I missing anything?
    External manifests or embedded resource file is essential for visual styles to be applied . OCX only will not give you the visual effect of Windows.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hosam AL Dein View Post
    External manifests or embedded resource file is essential for visual styles to be applied . OCX only will not give you the visual effect of Windows.
    that's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm.

thank you

Hi Krool,

I mention some time ago I would like to use your VBCCR with a OCX as a forms object that is interfaced via a COM/OLE automation and callbacks to the host for event processing.

I'm happy to say it's working out great using Script BASIC as the host. Here is a thread I have going on the All BASIC Forum

I remember there being two side-by-side files besides the VBCCR15.OCX. Are these still needed and if so how are they added to the project? Everything seems fine without them so far.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Hosam AL Dein
    OCX only will not give you the visual effect of Windows.
    Seems to work for me.
    Last edited by ScriptBASIC; Sep 4th, 2018 at 12:52 AM.

PowerPoster

hi all , does anyone know what is the property ListItemIndices for listview group is used for ?
    I was looking for something to act as a summary panel for the listview control and I started playing with methods and properties and I passed by the previous property and I did not know what it is for
    The description for ListItemIndices property of a Group object says:
    "Returns a reference to a collection containing the indexes to the list items referring to this group. Requires comctl32.dll version 6.0 or higher."

Addicted Member

The description for ListItemIndices property of a Group object says:
    "Returns a reference to a collection containing the indexes to the list items referring to this group. Requires comctl32.dll version 6.0 or higher."
    thanks a lot

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptBASIC View Post
    Seems to work for me.
    I am not sure of the platform you are on . But , for visual studio 6 , it is necessary to manifest the IDE itself to see visual effects during design time . Also for the EXE it is necessary to include an external manifest or an embedded resource file with manifest contents .
    I think this is the general case except if you are having these settings already done or maybe you are judging the case only within design time (assuming you have a manifested IDE) . Is it the case also for EXEs ?

Addicted Member

Is there a way to detect the column index in listview when clicking and item or subitem ? I came up to hit test . Is there any other way implemented in the current listview and I am missing it ? If not , Can it be added ? if I may suggest .

PowerPoster

Is there a way to detect the column index in listview when clicking and item or subitem ? I came up to hit test . Is there any other way implemented in the current listview and I am missing it ? If not , Can it be added ? if I may suggest .
    A ColumnHeader has a SubItemIndex function. So even when the ColumnHeader orders are changed it will advise you the correct index for accessing the sub items.
    Code:
    ListView1.ColumnHeaders(Index).SubItemIndex
    So you can use this to check/compare with subitem index to the corresponding column index.

Addicted Member

A ColumnHeader has a SubItemIndex function. So even when the ColumnHeader orders are changed it will advise you the correct index for accessing the sub items.
    Code:
    ListView1.ColumnHeaders(Index).SubItemIndex
    So you can use this to check/compare with subitem index to the corresponding column index.
    It seems I could not form my question clearly .

how can I implement this in the event (item_click) . It has no arguments to deal with column headers . I am mainly asking for how to get the index of the column through the click position on a listview item . The code you provided krool requires the index of the column as input while I want it to be retrieved .

To make it more clear , my main goal is :
    when the user right-clicks the listview or accurately an item , I need to extract what column this click was over , to get to the text under the mouse whether it was the first item or another subitem .
    I am limited to click event , mouse-up and mouse-down events to detect the mouse button since I want "right click" .

Thanks in advance krool .

Add this code to the MainForm:
    Code:
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ' Copyright ©1996-2011 VBnet/Randy Birch, All Rights Reserved.
    ' Some pages may also contain other copyrights by the author.
    ' Distribution: You can freely use this code in your own
    '               applications, but you may not reproduce
    '               or publish this code on any web site,
    '               online service, or distribute as source
    '               on any media without express permission.
    I've adapted the original code from http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?cod.../lvhittest.htm
    Last edited by gilman; Sep 21st, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

Add this code to the MainForm:
    Code:
    ' Copyright ©1996-2011 VBnet/Randy Birch, All Rights Reserved.
    ' Some pages may also contain other copyrights by the author.
    ' Distribution: You can freely use this code in your own
    '               applications, but you may not reproduce
    '               or publish this code on any web site,
    '               online service, or distribute as source
    '               on any media without express permission.
    I've adapted the original code from http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?cod.../lvhittest.htm

Edit:
    I deleted the original code due to the copyright notice, but you can adapt the code from the link

PowerPoster

In the ListView is an in-built FindSubItem function. There you can pass byRef a SubItem index variable.

Fanatic Member

Thank you for the 21-Sep-2018 enhancement.
    The toolbar performance boost is very important for my app.

I think this is the general case except if you are having these settings already done or maybe you are judging the case only within design time (assuming you have a manifested IDE) . Is it the case also for EXEs ?
    Script BASIC is an interpreter. The Windows (non-console) version has a resource manifest. If I run the same program using the console version of Script BASIC it looks like Win2K.

Addicted Member

I would like to start using VBCCR in a large existing project. Let's start with the VBCCR ListView for example. The project currently uses both "Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)" and "Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6)".

Steps:
    1. Download the ComCtlsDemo.zip attachment from the first post.
    2. Copy ComCtlsDemo\OLEGuids\OLEGuids.tlb to C:\Windows\system32
    3. In the VB6 IDE, open the project, go to Project -> References... -> Browse, select C:\Windows\system32\OLEGuids.tlb , tick "OLE Guid and interface definitions".

What now?

PowerPoster

Update released.

Included 'VirtualListItems' that returns a collection of virtual list items.
    This is actually a limited/stripped down and mostly read-only version of the normal 'ListItems'. ('ListItems' feature is disabled when VirtualMode is turned on.)
    So when migrating a project from non-virtual to virtual this addition will for sure make things easier as you don't need to reference everywhere to the virtual data source. So you can then go here the re-direction of retrieving for example a text in 'VirtualListItems' which then fires the normal GetVirtualItem event.

But most important you can control there some item states. For example the Selected state of an arbitrary index.
    Due to 'ListItems' not available for virtual mode list views you had to use some API. Now that's not necessary anymore.

The Item property only accepts an Index As Long. No AddItem because everything remains controlled by the VirtualItemCount property. The Count property here is just for completeness and returns the same as VirtualItemCount.
    Name:  LvwVirtualListItems.png
Views: 1264
Size:  1.8 KB
    Again: Nothing was changed in the general virtual mode processing. This is just an addition for comfort and ease of migration. And to avoid some extra API work when going the virtual way. Also events like ItemClick will work in virtual mode. For there 'LvwListItem' will work as before even in virtual mode within these events.

Quote Originally Posted by OldClock View Post
    I would like to start using VBCCR in a large existing project.
    For large existing projects I would recommend to use the ActiveX version of VBCCR in a reg-free way.
    Doing this way you don't have to load so much components into your large project. Also it is IDE-safe to use ActiveX version.
    After that you open each .frm file and replace all occurrences of 'ComctlLib' to 'VBCCR15' for example.
    You may also need to replace other stuff, like enum constants or class objects. For example 'ComctlLib.ListItem' will be 'VBCCR15.LvwListItem'.
    Last edited by Krool; Sep 27th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

PowerPoster

VBCCR16.OCX released.

Addicted Member

Hi krool ,
    This issue is under version 1.6 only .
    for ComboBoxW , If the style is dropdown list and the control got focus , it does not show the focus rectangle over the combobox . This was not the behavior for the previous versions . Is it right or I am missing something ?

PowerPoster

Hi krool ,
    This issue is under version 1.6 only .
    for ComboBoxW , If the style is dropdown list and the control got focus , it does not show the focus rectangle over the combobox . This was not the behavior for the previous versions . Is it right or I am missing something ?
    You have a visual styles manifest, right?
    Did you call SetupVisualStyles on the Form during Form_Load ? (And InitVisualStyles during Sub Main)

Addicted Member

You have a visual styles manifest, right?
    yes , I am using a manifest and it is applying the visual styles properly on all other controls .

Did you call SetupVisualStyles on the Form during Form_Load ? (And InitVisualStyles during Sub Main)
    I am using the OCX version

PowerPoster

yes , I am using a manifest and it is applying the visual styles properly on all other controls .

I am using the OCX version
    Doesnt' matter. InitVisualStyles and SetupVisualStyles also need to be applied when using OCX.
    For me it's not possible to integrate into OCX.
    Its responsibility of the application who use the OCX.

Addicted Member

Doesnt' matter. InitVisualStyles and SetupVisualStyles also need to be applied when using OCX.
    For me it's not possible to integrate into OCX.
    Its responsibility of the application who use the OCX.
    this is the first time to know this point . I was using all the previous versions without these functions and it worked a bit fine except some casual crashes in IDE . This maybe the reason for these crashes , I will give it a try and report here .

Before this reply , I was suspicious about the way I upgraded the ocx from 15 to 16 and I was intending to ask about it also .
    I have opened all the forms and modules and replaced VBCCR15 with VBCCR16 . Is this the proper way for upgrading from one version to another ?

Addicted Member

I am developing a usercontrol which has a textboxw . Should I call setupvisualstyles in the Initialize event as well as the form holding the usercontrol ? If yes , how ? while setupvisualstyles requires a form as a parameter . If no , How are visualstyles properly applied in a usercontrol ?

I am asking this question because I have casual IDE crashes when dealing with the user control which contains a VBCCR textbox . I am suspecting the hwnd and hwndusercontrol and also visual styles functions calling you provided in the previous post .

For focus rectangle , the problem is solved by adding visualstyles and common modules and calling the functions in main and in each form load event . Thanks a lot

Fanatic Member

COMPILER QUESTION

I have my 'own' VBCCR OCX, made from the original Exe sources + some extensions.
    Same structure as with the original OCX version.
    The OCX is quite large - no problem so far.

Now I'm tuning my app for performance.
    Out of curiosity, I compiled the OCX as P-code.
    It is a lot smaller.

And the P-code version has no performance advantage.
    I didn't really expect it, but wanted to try.
    Also it is not slower.

Can it harm somehow to have the OCX as P-code?

Thank you.

Fanatic Member

Should I call setupvisualstyles in the Initialize event as well as the form holding the usercontrol ? If yes , how ? while setupvisualstyles requires a form as a parameter . If no , How are visualstyles properly applied in a usercontrol ?
    No.
    If you use the OCX version no need to call SetupVisualStyles at all.
    All you need is a manifest for the app.

Rem.:
    You won't see any VisualStyles in the IDE.
    Unless you have a patched VB6.EXE.

PowerPoster

No.

Rem.:
    Even in OCX you shall call SetupVisualStyles during Form_Load event. It fixes several stuff for visualstyles in general, e.g. focus rects etc.

Addicted Member

No.

Rem.:
    I already have the IDE manifested and all works fine . I am asking based on krool note about calling visualsyles functions in the forms and main method . I am asking about usercontrols themselves

Addicted Member

Even in OCX you shall call SetupVisualStyles during Form_Load event. It fixes several stuff for visualstyles in general, e.g. focus rects etc.
    I followed the info you provided krool , and the problem is solved . But I encounter casual crashes in IDE in the forms that contain a usercontrol which has a VBCCR textbox . I am wondering if this point could be a reason of theses crashes ?
    and what about the proper way for upgrading ?

PowerPoster

I followed the info you provided krool , and the problem is solved . But I encounter casual crashes in IDE in the forms that contain a usercontrol which has a VBCCR textbox . I am wondering if this point could be a reason of theses crashes ?
    and what about the proper way for upgrading ?
    Do you have a Sub Main which calls InitVisualStyles prior to first form load?
    Yes, your upgrading is ok. Just replace in notepad from VBCCR15 to VBCCR16.

Fanatic Member

Thanks for the correction.
    I couldn't see any difference in behavior with or without the call.

EDIT:
    Now I see the difference.
    Last edited by Karl77; Oct 2nd, 2018 at 12:48 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Krool,

I am looking at VBCCR16 in the Object Browser and I do not see SetupVisualStyles or InitVisualStyles as procedures I can call. Also, neither of these show up anywhere in the source code provided with the OCX. I don't mind calling them but I can't find them. Where are they?

Hyperactive Member

Dbl post
    Last edited by MountainMan; Oct 1st, 2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: double post

PowerPoster

Look in ComCtlsDemo in first post for VisualStyles.bas

Hyperactive Member

Krool,

You are saying we need to use InitVisualStyles in Procedure Main before showing a form. Okay. How about SetupVisualStyles? It is in VisualStyles.bas in the demo program (no OCX) and it looks like you put it as the first line of code in each of the forms. However, it is not present in the OCX version so do we assume that it got called internally in your OCX for each form or that is isn't needed or something else. if we should call it in the Form_Load procedure, do we nneed to put SetupVisualStyles into a different module or use VisualStyles.bas?

Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast