Thread: Ticket System (Box Office)

Ticket System (Box Office)

Heya,

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to make a programme for me (pref .vb file for me to be able to customise graphically and change user passwords etc)?
    I need to make a ticketing system ( As mentioned above in .vb format so I can add own logo and users ) which includes:

Event Name
    Type of Ticket (Standard/VIP)
    Ticket Selection (Adult/Child/Senior)
    Price of ticket (So it automatically shows for type of ticket selected but has the option to void the charges)

I will personally add the ticket terms and conditions message in text on the ticket (again, an edit for me to do if in .vb format).
    It will need a print function so that it prints the ticket but also saves the data into an accessible database whithin the program (database is an add-on and is not necessary although the print function is a must).

I will also need a login system to access the program for multiple users. What I am gonna have for the login system is a magnetic stripe reader for swiping their ID badge to log them in ( I will be able to do this by doing the same as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWBc2PbwWg but into the software rather than windows)(So I wont need a username, just a password field which instead of password, be named 'ID Code')
    So rather than say login, just have it say please swipe your card or enter your ID Code below and press submit.

Would this be possible for anyone to do for me??

Thanks,
    Jack

Re: Ticket System (Box Office)

You need a ticket system open source in VB? Download this: http://ticketopensource.com/ is free.

Best regards

Or, is it movie tickets that the OP wants to automate ?

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Hi, thanks for both responses. It's not for a movie theatre but for conferences etc instead. I would'nt want to use the open source because I would want it to look branded to us and not another company, also I like the idea of the swipe card login.

Thanks