dcsimg

Thread: send mail from OUTLOOK WEB APP not from OUTLOOK via VB6.0

Exclamation send mail from OUTLOOK WEB APP not from OUTLOOK via VB6.0

Hello,

I need a simple way to mail from OUTLOOK WEB APP not from OUTLOOK via a VB6 code.
    Anyone know how to do that? Any code/link avaliable?

Thanks,
    Krunal

PowerPoster

Re: send mail from OUTLOOK WEB APP not from OUTLOOK via VB6.0

I think you are referring to clicking on a Email like link on a Web page. Just put "Mailto:" in you document page,

<a href = 'mailto:somename@someplace'>

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

hmmm.... that's not the way I interpreted it... which tells me the request isn't completely clear...

@OP - maybe you could explain what it is you're trying to accomplish... and don't rush it... take you're time... leave a clear and concise desription of the end result and the context... it'll help us to determine the correct response.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

I suspect that OP wants to automate sending mail through a VB6 program where the only access they have is via the Web interface. (i.e. they have no direct access to the Mail Server so the use of MAPI is not possible). That being the case the only suggestion I can make is to 'screen scrape' using the WebBrowser Control.

Unhappy Re: send mail from OUTLOOK WEB APP not from OUTLOOK via VB6.0

hi all,
    basically what my req. is when i press button in vb6 then it redirect me to browser(i.e. ff,ie.chrome) and my all values (i.e. Send to, CC, mail subject,etc) also filled in outlook web app respective controls.

PowerPoster

What is Outlook Web App? I know what Outlook is but not Web App.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

as per my knowledge,
    in outlook we don't have to sign in that we can send mails directly, but in outlook web app u have to sign in first and then you can send mail...

PowerPoster

@JM: It's a product from Microsoft (Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access) which some Companies use for internal mail. As the name implies it's a web interface to Outlook / Exchange etc. I guess it's similar to other Web based e-mail systems. As I suggested in Post #4 the only way I know how to 'automate' it would be through a 'screen scraper' using something like the WebBrowser control.

OK, that's what I thought he was asking for... and no, it's not possible... primarily because, 1) you would have to know the web address to access it, then 2) you would have to login which requires knowledge of the user & their password 4) just like Outlook, the layout is customizable, so you would have to know what you're looking for to click 5) it uses a lot of AJAX which means content is filled in on the fly and viewing source may not reveal everything. which means you may not be able to get to it from outside the webbrowser control, or even be able to see the source so that you can know what to look for.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *