Thread: Newbie saying Hi

Newbie saying Hi

Hello Ladies / Gents

Just thought i would say hello
    A bit of background for you lot...

I have been a mechanical engineer for almost 8 years now working in the aerospace industry.
    Times have changed and so has my job role as I am now working for a software team which are slowly introducing me to C++ again after 10 years of last study (A levels).

I used to use VB daily at college and found it a great tool, but i have pretty much lost all knowledge of nitty gritty bits now and am trying to re-establish myself.
    I may be asking some silly questions over the next few weeks so dont bite

Smerf

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: Newbie saying Hi

Welcome to the forums

Define "silly"

The audience of this site ranges from the complete newbie to the total geek-oid bit head.

The one thing most folks do not like, however, are requests to "do it for me".......we will help you help yourself.

We have a clouldless blue sky with unlimited visibility so sit back, relax, and enjoy the VBForums ride.

Hello Hack

defining words is simple
    -------------------------------------------------------
    sil·ly/ˈsilē/
    Adjective:
    Having or showing a lack of common sense or judgment; foolish.
    Noun:
    A foolish person (often used as a form of address): "Come on, silly".
    Synonyms:
    adjective.
    foolish - fatuous - daft - dull - idiotic
    noun.
    fool - goof - ninny
    ------------------------------------------------------

the bold bits will apply to my lack of knowledge whilst i try and pick things up again.

I wont be upsetting the apple cart either, i like a general 'poke' in the right direction but HATE having this 'just' done for me.

a silly question would be.... how on earth do you get the tabs to function correctly within VBA... its driving me nuts this morning trying to fix certain cells to Tabs... and no i cant just hide things when a tab is selected.. thats just messy.

Smerf

Hi.. Welcome to the forums..

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Well, you sound insane enough to fit right in with Chit-Chat, so welcome aboard.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone. I am new to this panel and very excited to post here because I love to make a discussion with peoples and found this forum ever best.

Hello and welcome to all newbies.

Hello highjackers! I glad to see that y'all fit into the chit-chat by resurrecting old threads :]
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

I am Ali Shaikh from Pakistan. I am working a Search Engine Optimizer. Reached to this forum through a google search and founded this forum very interesting. A lot of interesting and helpful posts which can help newbies like us. Hoping to get some warm welcome from you.

Hi Ali Shaikh from Pakistan! Waduuuup?!
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by alishaikh View Post
    I am Ali Shaikh from Pakistan. I am working a Search Engine Optimizer. Reached to this forum through a google search and founded this forum very interesting. A lot of interesting and helpful posts which can help newbies like us. Hoping to get some warm welcome from you.
    Welcome aboard Ali..

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Hi everybody, I'm Niya
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Niya from where you are
    it's exciting for me to see people from for part of the world in one home
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

Quote Originally Posted by make me rain View Post
    Niya from where you are
    I'm from Mars.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Oh
    it's exciting for me to see people from for part of the Planet's in one home
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

.LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

Aren't you guys gonna share whatever it is you're smoking ?

you're smoking ?
    i smoke ITC goldflake king, Sharing? never
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

.LINQ LINQ videous