Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed - Again

Re: Speed - Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Well, things should be back to how they were two week after Christmas because unless I am mistaken the northern hemisphere users have two weeks vacation over Christmas.
    I don't think anyone can take a vacation from VBForums
    I haven't get any issues with VBF for the last 2 weeks, I'd say... Seems almost back to where it was before the upgrade.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    In my case it's mostly Christmas that has caused the progressive bloat.
    Well, yeah. That's how it is for me, too, but what does that have to do with the forums?

I've forgotten how it was before the upgrade. Performance has been quite nice for several weeks for me. Oddly, I have still gotten the page about needing to wait some number of seconds between posts (I don't remember the number because I never read the thing anymore), but the incidence has dropped WAY down. It's probably around one in 30, or less.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Recently I lost a hard drive on one of my systems and when I reinstalled the OS I just went straight to the latest version of Firefox and have not bothered with IE on this machine. I have noticed that this site has been working fairly well under Firefox since before Christmas\ but I have not been online using IE for weeks now. I also noticed that on some other web sites I am seeing much better performance and fewer errors with Firefox so I would think at least some of the problems I was having and likely others are having may be related to the browser as well as the site.

The issue described above when posting has happened to me only once in the last 3 weeks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123