Thread: [RESOLVED] WCF Service with callbacks

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] WCF Service with callbacks

Hello,

I have used WCF services before, but this is the first time I am dealing with using callbacks to notify connected clients.

The issue I am currently having is that I can get the clients to connect once and the callback writes to all open clients, but after I close them the service doesn't work. It throws the following exception:

"The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state."

I am using the following code to execute:

Code:
    var service = new service.serviceClient(new InstanceContext(new MessageCallback()));

service.Open();

service.SendMessage(new service.Message() { Message=service.Commands.Start, Parameters = null });

Console.ReadLine();
    service.Close();
    Like I said, it executes fine the first time but it throws the error after that. I have tried using "service.Abort()" but that didn't make a difference as well as trying to check to the error, but it still throws.

Hyperactive Member

Re: WCF Service with callbacks

Ok, so the issue was that I was trying to alter the list of clients while I was enumerating it. Go figure I didn't look at that part at all.

Good thing traces exist.