Thread: Populating DatagridView

Frenzied Member

Question Populating DatagridView

hi friends , i have been trying to fill
    datagridView .but i am getting the folloiwng
    error .
    Argument '1': cannot convert from 'string' to 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewColumn' C:\TradingSummary\TradingSummaryStatus\FrmBrands.cs 73 43 TradingSummaryStatus
    Code:
       public void FillBrandMaster(){
                foreach (Brand _brand in _brands)
                    dataGridView1.Columns.Add(_brand.BrandID).ToString();                

}

Re: Populating DatagridView

According to the msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wdzcaz7k.aspx) documentation you should use the constructor with 2 string, columnName and headerText. So it could be:

Code:
                    dataGridView1.Columns.Add(_brand.BrandID.ToString() ,_brand.Name).ToString();                

}
    VB6 & C# (WCF LINQ) mostly

If you need help with a WPF/WCF question post in the NEW WPF & WCF forum and we will try help the best we can

My site

My blog, couding troubles and solutions

Free online tools

Frenzied Member

According to the msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wdzcaz7k.aspx) documentation you should use the constructor with 2 string, columnName and headerText. So it could be:
    but how i will increase row . because we need to blank row in datagridview .and i need to fill using property
    Code:
                    dataGridView1.Columns.Add(_brand.BrandID.ToString(), _brand.BrandName).ToString();                

}

How about you actually explain what you're trying to accomplish instead of just posting a bit of code that doesn't work and expecting us to somehow divine the rest? For a start, what is that ToString call for? It does nothing useful so get rid of it.

As for the rest, what is _brands? Why are you creating a column for each BrandID? What's going in the rows? We cannot read your mind. You have to provide us with the information.