0 0%
  • I knew.

0 0%
  • You have too much time in your hand.

0 0%

Thread: BlackBerry Tip: Play built-in FM Radio through bluetooth

Lightbulb BlackBerry Tip: Play built-in FM Radio through bluetooth

Dear Friends,

Just 2 days ago I've received a BlackBerry Curve 9360 from a friend as a gift.

I'm using various Nokia models since late '90s. This is my first BlackBerry so I am very excited.
    I've searched the web and found workaround for almost everything that I wanted to do with the phone.

One thing I was missing, I can't play the built-in FM Radio through bluetooth.
    Probably RIM assumed, as we are forced to connect the headphone (as an antena), we'll always listen through that headphone.
    But, I don't want to listen through headphone or through the tiny phone speaker.

I didn't find any workaround for this on the web. Finally I managed to do this.
    I hope it will help some other new blackBerry user like me.

My laptop has very good built-in speakers (HP Pavilion g6-2006tx), also, I have my self-built very powerful speaker system connected to the laptop.
    So, it make sense to play FM through them.

(I don't have any bluetooth headphone to test this, but I think, it will work for them too.)

Here is how you can play your BlackBerry's FM Radio through Bluetooth:

1. Make sure you can play your BB's music to the PC/Laptop through bluetooth. (Use your laptop as a 'bluetooth audio device'. Search google for tutorials if you don't know how.)
    2. Download the attached mp3 file I've created. It is a 24hr silent file. Copy it to your memory card (82MB unzipped).
    3. In your blackberry media player, create a new playlist. Add that file in the play list. Save. Play that playlist.
    4. Now the phone's music player is playing that blank file.
    5. Press the blackberry key while on music player. From menu activate your laptop/bluetooth device.
    6. Send the music player to background and let it run.
    7. Open the radio app. Tune in your favorite local FM station. Press the Play button.
    8. The radio station should be now playing through your laptop/blutooth device.

Bonus:
    I've found that, the "bluetooth toolbar" works with the radio too. (Except the 'stop' button - makes sense).

Why that big mp3 ?
    Whenever the music player changes track, the radio will turn off. So I needed that big mp3.

Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iPrank; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Usefull VBF Threads/Posts I Found . My flickr page .
    "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudner

Re: BlackBerry Tip: Play built-in FM Radio through bluetooth

That's good

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...