Thread: Getting Error: Collection was modified enumeration operation might not execute

Getting Error: Collection was modified enumeration operation might not execute

Hi iam getting the following Error: "Collection was modified enumeration operation might not execute"

The Error accures on the following source Code:

First:

Code:
    Txtbox.ID = "txt_" + i.ToString
                        Txtbox.Attributes("Style") = "border-top: 0px solid Gray;border-bottom: 0px solid Gray;border-left: 0px solid Gray;border-right: 0px solid Gray;"
                        Txtbox.Font.Underline = True
                        Txtbox.Font.Size = System.Web.UI.WebControls.FontUnit.Point(8)
                        Txtbox.Width = System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit.Pixel(140)
                        Dim drow() As DataRow = Nothing
                        If (Not dataTable Is Nothing) Then
                            If (dataTable.Rows.Count <> 0) Then
                                drow = dataTable.Select("column2='" + Txtbox.Text + "'")  <--- that line is throwing the Error!
                            End If
                        End If
    Second:

Code:
    If (Not Session("MailTable") Is Nothing) Then
                    Dim dataTable As DataTable = Session("MailTable")
                    Dim drow() As DataRow
                    drow = dataTable.Select("column1='" + txtVerEmail.Text + "'")  <--- That line is throwing the Error!
                    If (drow.Count <> 0) Then
                        ResourcesList.Value = drow(0).Item(1) + ";"
                    Else
                        ResourcesList.Value = txtVerEmail.Text + ";"
                    End If
                Else
                    ResourcesList.Value = txtVerEmail.Text + ";"
                End If

What does the Error mean and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance

Re: Getting Error: Collection was modified enumeration operation might not execute

The error has to do with code that you didn't show us. I would expect that somewhere prior to each line you deleted a row from the datatable.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Re: Getting Error: Collection was modified enumeration operation might not execute

Have you, by chance, declared dataTable globally (I strongly advise you to get out of the habit of calling variables by the same name as the type anyway!) and then re-dimmed? If Session("MailTable") is a valid DataTable why assign it to another variable at all? This assignment doesn't work anyway. To copy a dtatable you need .Clone? Are your datatable columns actually called column1 and column2?
    Last edited by dunfiddlin; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Another double post!
    Last edited by dunfiddlin; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!