Thread: VB6 integration of IP Camera

VB6 integration of IP Camera

hi guys! i just bought a AVN314/304 Network Camera to use in my surveillance project which will be written in VB6. i got the SDK but the samples given there are in C#. does anyone know how to integrate it with VB6? Please give me a starting point guys. What will I do first? Hope I can get a response from you guys.

Re: VB6 integration of IP Camera

Unless the camera understands DirectShow, you'll find this very difficult to accomplish in VB6 (and even then you probably won't have access to all of ts features). I think your best bet is to use VB.NET; converting code from C# is not that difficult.

PowerPoster

DirectShow isn't a factor since it is an "IP" camera, i.e. a separate server in itself.

You'll just have to examine the C# and translate or else break down and read the documentation. There isn't much we can do from here since this isn't a common device.

it's really hard for me coz it's my first time i will be doing such project so i dont have much understanding about these IP Cams (like DirectShow, What is that BTW? ). I guess i have to study C# for me to understand that sample right?. Thanks for the advices though guys. Really appreciate it.