Thread: My VB6 Angry Birds Game

Thumbs up My VB6 Angry Birds Game

Hello Everyone,
    A while ago i created a replica of Angry Birds using vb6 but unfortunately i don't remember where i saved the source.
    I have the compiled exe which runs well in my computer but gives error when run in my laptop. I don't know what is the problem.

I am attaching it here so you can check and tell me if it runs in your computer please.

< link removed by moderator >
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Sep 21st, 2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: removed unsafe link

Re: My VB6 Angry Birds Game

Welcome to VBForums

I have removed your link to protect our members, because we have no way of knowing what an executable file actually does - which could include something malicious, such as if there is a virus on your computer.

In addition to that, a compiled program (as opposed to code) does nothing towards helping us to assist you.

If you can't find the code, there is almost certainly nothing that can be done to fix your issue.

That's really suspicious, if he wrote re-created that game in VB6 then that means he is a proficient enough programmer. Any proficient VB6 programmer would know that there is nothing anyone can do without the source code.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

I agree with Niya

Frenzied Member

I agree with Niya
    Yep, i also agree with Niya.

I googled it and found nothing either in VB6

PowerPoster

The poster says he/she forgot where he/she saved the source, one would think if he/she was smart enough to write a game then they would be smart enough to be able to use the search option to locate thier code

Even if someone were to have downloaded the exe and it were legit, ran it and told him/her exactly where the problem would be in the code he/she would still need the code to correct the issue.

This is a good example of a social engineering attempt, assuming the OP's intentions here are indeed nefarious. But its a poor approach because the users here are far more tech savvy that the average person and as such can sniff out the slightest stench of bullshit.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber