Thread: Xaml question - Metro App

Xaml question - Metro App

Okay, this is a basic 101 level question....

I've created a metro app. On my screen I have a rectangle. I put a text box on top of the rectangle.

In the designer, this looks great (left side of image). When I run the app, the text is not displayed in the rectangle - it moves (right side of image).

Question 1 - what is the right way to display text within a rectangle and make sure the two stick together?
    Question 2 - if the way I am doing it is okay, then what am I doing wrong...

Code:
    <Rectangle HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="164" Margin="1019,343,0,0" Stroke="Black" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="265" StrokeThickness="6" RadiusX="35" RadiusY="35">
       <Rectangle.Fill>
          <LinearGradientBrush EndPoint="0.5,1" StartPoint="0.5,0">
             <GradientStop Color="Black"/>
             <GradientStop Color="#FF6167DE" Offset="1"/>
          </LinearGradientBrush>
        </Rectangle.Fill>
    </Rectangle>
    <TextBlock HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="960,116,24,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Center" Height="118" Width="233" FontSize="36" TextAlignment="Center" Foreground="#FFF2FD00">
        <Run Text="YOU SOLVED "/>
        <LineBreak/>
        <Run Text="THE PUZZLE!"/>
    </TextBlock>
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Xaml question - Metro App

I have a second XAML question.....

I have a button that I've overlayed onto part of an image. This will let me make that part of the image clickable. (Again, if there is a better way to do this, let me know).

I've made the button completely transparent so the user doesn't see it. What I can't figure out is what settings to change so that when the button is clicked, the button remains transparent. Right now when clicked, it goes white. Is there a setting to turn that clicked color of the button to transparent?

I've not had time to code in a while, so it is fun getting back into it. As you can see, while I can handle the C#, the interface stuff isn't my thing... yet.

Thanks,

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Xaml question - Metro App

hello,

i didnt see a click event in the xaml .. maybe throw in a box and add Click event and do onmouseup for action in c#

im not very advanced as i just began using xaml too but noticed its been a few days