dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Getting a Login Application Console working right...

Resolved [RESOLVED] Getting a Login Application Console working right...

Hello I am working with a Login Script that works with a special form of encription level, that we have been able to develop using VB6 COM programming language for Windows. The Login Application is meant to make the CommandButton, which is thus named Command1 or either Command3, being in which one you are working with. Command1, is to Connect and then Command3 is to Disconnect from the Application. The only thing that I am having problems with right about now, is the .Enabled of the CommandButtons 1 or 3, in turn this is the only problem with the Application that I am having. Also they worked before like this, when they were a separate Application. I have only stripped out the only source code that works with the other Forms that useto be inside this Application EXE File. However now that I am working from an OCX file, instead of an EXE file, there are many problems alongside this one that I have been able to break down using the normal programming methods that exist inside this programming language that I have been able to find and then use...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Attachment 91363
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 32-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Ambra Pasta | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquior | Ambar Tavern |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: Getting a Login Application Console working right...

The problem hasn't as yet been resolved, but then I am making head way into the problem at hand. I have been able to find out the key element of the problem, which is it is still trying to find the contents of frmLog.Text3.Text, which I had placed into it at RunTime the data, in which I was only using to fill it when the Application was being used at the beginning of the program. Then when I had placed in the data into the TextBox, it let me Login into the Application, then this means that I need some help in the working out of the data that is the very first line of the Data File, then when that is placed inside the TextBox, then it will then be able to generate a Login Process...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 32-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Ambra Pasta | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquior | Ambar Tavern |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Your zip file doesn't contain a lot of the forms, ctls or ocx's used in your program.....how about sending it ALL into a zip file so we can try to figure out what you are doing wrong...

Okay then I will then be able to do that, my friend...

Here is the attachment so that you can have a good look at the project for me???
    Attachment 91393

The problem lies in the section of soure code, that works with the Control's process, which is named: Text3.Text and it works with the collection of the password and then the Timer is able to then be able to cross reference them as to what they equal or there abouts...

Still missing the OCX's

PowerPoster

Why not just post the section of code where you are having an issue?

PowerPoster

@DM: You don't realise what you're asking

EDIT: I think there may be a problem with this code
    Code:
    Public Sub Command1_Click()
    On Error Resume Next

InitLUT

Dim bAry() As Byte
    Dim UserControl As UserControl

1 frmLog.Label1.Caption = "The Server Console is now logging you in now. Gaining access to the Server now!!"
        Open App.Path & "\program\usernames\" & frmLog.Text1.Text & ".txt" For Binary As #1
            ReDim bAry(LOF(1) - 1)
            Get 1, 1, bAry
            string1 = FXDeCipher(bAry)
        Close #1

bytData = ExtractFromFile(FileItem1)

With frmLog
        .Command1.Enabled = False
        .Command2.Enabled = False
        .Command3.ZOrder 0
        .Command4.ZOrder 0
        .Command4.Caption = "Connecting..."
        .Command4.Enabled = False
        .Text1.Enabled = False
        .Text2.Enabled = False
    End With

frmLog.Label1.Caption = "This may take a few minutes or seconds depending on the speed of your Broadband modem or LAN setup."

PauseTime = 3
    Start = Timer
    Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Finish = Timer
    TotalTime = Finish - Start
    If TotalTime = 0 Then GoTo 2

2 frmLog.Label1.Caption = "Initialising Visual Suite Network connection to the Internet!!"

PauseTime = 3
    Start = Timer
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Finish = Timer
    If TotalTime = 0 Then GoTo 3

3 frmLog.Label1.Caption = "Found Visual Suite Network connection!! Connecting to local Server: 1234."

PauseTime = 3
    Start = Timer
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Finish = Timer
    If TotalTime = 0 Then GoTo 4

4 frmLog.Label1.Caption = "Connecting to Local Server using nickname: " & frmLog.Text1.Text & "."

PauseTime = 3
    Start = Timer
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Finish = Timer
    If TotalTime = 0 Then GoTo 5

5 frmLog.Label1.Caption = "You are now logged onto the Visual Suite Network Server App main console system."

With frmLog
        .Command2.Enabled = True
        .Command2.Caption = "OK"
        .Command3.ZOrder 0
        .Text1.Enabled = False
        .Text2.Enabled = True
        .Text2.Text = ""
        .Text3.Text = SplitString(0)
    End With

Open "c:\temp\project1\photo1.jpg" For Output As #1
        Print #1, bytTemp
    Close #1

frmLog.Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture("c:\temp\project1\photo1.jpg")

With UserControl
        .cmdLog2.ZOrder 0
        .cmdNew.Enabled = True
        .cmdOpen.Enabled = True
        .cmdDir.Enabled = True
        .cmdWord.Enabled = True
        .cmdSpread.Enabled = True
        .cmddBase.Enabled = True
        .cmdMovie.Enabled = True
        .cmdAudio.Enabled = True
        .cmdWeb.Enabled = True
        .cmdOptions.Enabled = True
    End With

End Sub
    I just don't know where to start.
    Last edited by Doogle; Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

PowerPoster

Well in that piece of code I see a line that disables command1 after it is clicked but nothing that enables it and no code there that enables nor disables command3.

The OERN should be removed of course, ignoring errors is never a good route to take.

I believe the errors lie in this With Statement block, using the Text3.Text to contain data. Cause everything else works, just right as well as it did when I wrote it for someone else the first time, even...
    Code:
    With frmLog
        .Command2.Enabled = True
        .Command2.Caption = "OK"
        .Command3.ZOrder 0
        .Text1.Enabled = False
        .Text2.Enabled = True
        .Text2.Text = ""
        .Text3.Text = SplitString(0)
    End With
    Please make a note of this: The Text3 Control is to store and then match up the data inside of it when Text2 is ready to check. That will be ready to check everytime there is a match, using the Timer Control, at that...

PowerPoster

You said in the OP
    The only thing that I am having problems with right about now, is the .Enabled of the CommandButtons 1 or 3
    There is no code there that sets the enabled property on either control so are you experiencing a different error or is that not the right piece of code.

Yes but it's like this:
    Code:
    If Text3.Text = Text2.Text Then Command1.Enabled = True
    However: There is also the fact that Text3 isn't being filled on anything when I convert this Form into a Modeless OCX Form...

But look inside the Project File, which is named: ConsoleBox.zip, then it gives you the following Source Code:
    Code:
    Public Sub Text2_Change()
    If frmLog.Text2.Text <> frmLog.Text3.Text Then
        With frmLog
            .Text2.Enabled = True
            .Command3.Enabled = False
        End With
    ElseIf frmLog.Text2.Text = frmLog.Text3.Text Then
        With frmLog
            .Text2.Enabled = False
            .Command1.Enabled = True
            .Command3.Enabled = True
        End With
    End If

End Sub
    Please Note: That the .ZOrder of the CommandButtons is already worked out by the time, this Handler is called into execution by the Program...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Sep 16th, 2012 at 01:44 AM.

PowerPoster

Hmm why are you using an elseif here
    Code:
    If frmLog.Text2.Text <> frmLog.Text3.Text Then
        With frmLog
            .Text2.Enabled = True
        End With
    ElseIf frmLog.Text2.Text = frmLog.Text3.Text Then
        With frmLog
            .Text2.Enabled = False
            .Command1.Enabled = True
            .Command3.Enabled = True
        End With
    End If
    The basic If Else statement would handle this just fine
    Code:
    If frmLog.Text2.Text = frmLog.Text3.Text Then
        With frmLog
            .Text2.Enabled = False
            .Command1.Enabled = True
            .Command3.Enabled = True
        End With

Else 
        With frmLog
            .Text2.Enabled = True
        End With

End If
    There is no need for the second if test as there are only 2 possible outcomes either it is = or it is not this is what If Else is for

Also not sure why you are using the form name in this sub, I assume this is in the text chnaged event of the text2 that is being tested which means that you are already in frmLog and do not need to specify it.
    You could do
    Code:
    Command1.Enabled = Text2.Text=Text3.Text
    Command3.Enabled = Command1.Enabled
    If command1.Enabled then Text2.Enabled=false
    Which would have the same effect

If this is as I assume in the frmlog.text2_change event then I'm not sure what would happen when you disable the text box currently being changed and if not in the frmlog text2 changed event then I am not sure why you would have the code in the text changed event.

I woudl say in either case the text changed event is not the best choice as the code will be executing with every key stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    Also not sure why you are using the form name in this sub, I assume this is in the text chnaged event of the text2 that is being tested which means that you are already in frmLog and do not need to specify it.
    You could do:
    Code:
    Command1.Enabled = Text2.Text=Text3.Text
    Command3.Enabled = Command1.Enabled
    If command1.Enabled then Text2.Enabled=false
    Which would have the same effect. If this is as I assume in the frmlog.text2_change event then I'm not sure what would happen when you disable the text box currently being changed and if not in the frmlog text2 changed event then I am not sure why you would have the code in the text changed event. I would say in either case the text changed event is not the best choice as the code will be executing with every key stroke.
    You also could write a more advanced one to check the state of the TextBox, couldn't you??? But then that source code, that you have posted that I am also quoting is quite good in deed!!

Well that was very good programming, however all I now need to do. Is to get the data from the first line of a TextBox, using source code. Then to check it, using the TextBox_Change type handler, as such...

I presume that this is where we are going wrong here in the Source Code. Because of the fact that I am trying to get the data from the very first line of the text file to be added into the TextBox, which is thus labelled: Text3. Then I suppose that the String is thus named: String1, isn't it. That is not the problem, the problem is what is or rather what isn't being added into the TextBox, and then that is what I am trying to find out and then to put right. I have been able to make it thus far with your help and then trying to work it also by myself, as well. I appriciate your help, in this matter. Could you please, help me some more on this matter at hand...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Code:
        Open App.Path & "\program\usernames\" & frmLog.Text1.Text & ".txt" For Binary As #1
            ReDim bAry(LOF(1) - 1)
            Get 1, 1, bAry
            string1 = FXDeCipher(bAry)
            SplitString() = Split(string1, vbCrLf)

frmLog.Text3.Text = SplitString(0)
        Close #1

The problem was in this position of the Source Code. And then I have been able to give it a total predefined directory name, and then this cannot and then will not be able to change, for any circumstances. Due to the reasons that ActiveX Control Objects, hate the command, App.Path, for some reason that I am not quite sure on...
    Code: