Thread: CurrentIP - Your opinion?

CurrentIP - Your opinion?

Hey Guys!

Yesterday I got the idea to make this program for Windows. It's called Current IP and it shows you your current external IP and your current internal IP.
    I'm sure that it has been made before, because it's so small but it's useful in my opinion. I'd really like to hear what you guys think about it.

I hope you'll like it!

<attachment removed by admin - feel free to share source code, not executables>
    Last edited by Siddharth Rout; Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Removed EXE

Re: CurrentIP - Your opinion?

Next time you want to attach something like that... a couple words of advise...
    1) NEVER post the exe... only ever post the source code. No one's going to use it unless they can look at the code and see what it does and compile it themselves. Bunch of people got burned by something once before, it wasn't pretty, none of us want a repeat of that.
    2) Zip the file... I know rar is smaller, but people are more likely to have an unzip utility than a rar utility

I'm going to be notifying the mods about the attachment, so don't be surprise when it disappears here shortly. Easy fix though... post the source code.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Well... Thanks i guess............

Post the source code if you still have it.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

haven't tested.. but they are very easy to make..

add winsock control and a textbox and the this 1 line of code under form load: Text1.Text = Winsock1.LocalIP
    Student becomes teacher.. Teacher becomes student.. The circle of life!

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by elRuffsta View Post
    haven't tested.. but they are very easy to make..

add winsock control and a textbox and the this 1 line of code under form load: Text1.Text = Winsock1.LocalIP
    That only shows the IP of your computer on your local network. Not the external IP address that the ISP associates with your computer.
    You need to know the external IP address if you want to access your computer over the internet.