Thread: I hosted my ASP.NET website and now I get errors, help

I hosted my ASP.NET website and now I get errors, help

Hey guys, I created a ASP.NET website in VS 2008, it has some crystal reports inside.

I get the following error:

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 51: <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
    Line 52: <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
    Line 53: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304" />
    Line 54: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304" />
    Line 55: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304" />

error on line 53

After doing some googling I think that it is because crystal reports is not installed on the hosting server which is an ISP. How can I fix this?

Hyperactive Member

Re: I hosted my ASP.NET website and now I get errors, help

hi,

I think you need to talk with your administrator. Which crystal report version install at your server?
    Sagar
    VB6, VB.net,C#,ASP, ASP.net MSSQL, MYSQL

You'll need to talk to your host tech support. Find out if they can and are willing to install CR. I suspect the answer might be no... unless you purchase CR for them to install it for you (it would be a licencing issue) ... Or find out if there is an alternative (like maybe simply loading the CR assemblies to a folder on the server.)

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Crystal Report has a runtime, that is a set of assemblies which can be put in the /bin directory. That should solve the problem
    VB6 & C# (WCF LINQ) mostly

If you need help with a WPF/WCF question post in the NEW WPF & WCF forum and we will try help the best we can

My site

My blog, couding troubles and solutions

Free online tools