VS 2010 Program runs in the Background when closed?-VBForums

Thread: Program runs in the Background when closed?

Program runs in the Background when closed?

I used the Close() command on a button and the program is still open in the processes, even through it's closed. What code can I use to make it close and not run in the processes and completely exit?

PowerPoster

Re: Program runs in the Background when closed?

You have to make sure that you have properly terminated any threads and or objects you may have started.

Re: Program runs in the Background when closed?

Check the project properties... on the Applications tab... there's an option for Shutdown mode ... it should be when the main form closes, or when all forms are closed, which ever is more appropriate... after that, you need to ensure that you're properly closing all your forms and/or other objects that maybe running... that's what is keeping the app going even after closing the form. Also hiding forms doesn't close them... it simply makes them hidden... so if you're hiding and forms, then they too may be part of the problem.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *