Thread: how to make setup file for vb6 Application

how to make setup file for vb6 Application

i already have made setup file from "Package and deployment wizard" available in visual studio but when i install the application to any next computer it does not work properly. i mean aplication instalation completed but when i run the application it partially work. it does not work for printing options available in the application.

Is there any other way to make setup file. Apart from "Packag and deployment wizard". Please help.

Thanks and best regards.
    Imran/17 August

Frenzied Member

Re: how to make setup file for vb6 Application

Does it sends an error message in printing options?
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

PowerPoster

There are other tools but the PD wizard should do just fine. Most likely there is either something in the code that works only on the development machine or there was something not included in the setup package.

Give us a bit of info on these printing options you are talking about and what you mean by not working and maybe we can help.

use installshield

PowerPoster

The last time I used InstallShield has been a few versions ago but it was considerlby harder to create a working install than with the PD Wizard.

More likely it is not the fault of the package tool but either missing item or bad code.

Thanks for your help guys.

I have somehow figured out the problem. Infact i am using data reports. on the data connection i have mentiond path of database as D drive. while in application i am using odbc connection.

now kind advise me how i can give odbc connection information in data connection (in Data environment).

for your reference, i am unsing connection string in application as under.

conOpulent.Open "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=abc123 ;Data Source=OpulentODBCSQL;Initial Catalog=opulentdatabaseSQL"

please help.

Imran/18 August