Thread: How to validate the XAML Schema

Addicted Member

How to validate the XAML Schema

How do you validate the XAML schema? I was given an XSD schema and required to generate the XML files. Unfortunately, I use WPF. Now I have the XAML file instead of the XML file. What do I use to validate the file? Or should I convert it to XML? How do I convvert it to XML?

Re: How to validate the XAML Schema

This question is weird. Xaml is a syntax to build the user interface in WPF/Silverlight/Phone7 software. XML is a layout of a file (although I have to admit, xaml is xml).
    You should create a program (in WPF, build the UI in xaml) and let that program create a new XML file (there are several different ways of doing so). Read some stuff about create a xml file in C# and feel free to ask question.
    VB6 & C# (WCF LINQ) mostly

If you need help with a WPF/WCF question post in the NEW WPF & WCF forum and we will try help the best we can

My site

My blog, couding troubles and solutions

Free online tools

Addicted Member

Weird indeed! I think I failed to understand the spec myself. In fact, I want to generate XML export files, which will be tested using the .xsd. I have the XML and .xsd files. I need to generate the Xml files to export data across various platforms. I have no idea how to do this. Please help. Good reading references welcome. Thanks

A good startingpoint would be to use svcutil.exe (it has a help option and google explains a lot). It will generate a class, from which you can fill the properties. After that you can use the xmlformatter to generate and XML file from the class
    VB6 & C# (WCF LINQ) mostly

If you need help with a WPF/WCF question post in the NEW WPF & WCF forum and we will try help the best we can

My site

My blog, couding troubles and solutions

Free online tools