Thread: Add Subrow to an MSHFlexGrid

Frenzied Member

Add Subrow to an MSHFlexGrid

I have a heirarchial flex grid which I've added a bunch of data to using some custom functions. It works fine as a grid, but now I want to get it to expand a subrow for some of the rows to display additional information. The grid isn't bound to a recordset and I'm filling it manually but I can't seem to find a way to manually add a subrow without having the grid be databound and using the SHAPE command.

Does anyone know a way to do this?
    (VB/C#) is clearly superior to (C#/VB) because it (has/doesn't have) <insert trivial difference here>.

Re: Add Subrow to an MSHFlexGrid

I remember other threads with this same problem, and i also remember bands cannot be used without having the grid databounded + Shape. Maybe you can find a different way to do what you want, maybe using other controls in the same Form to display this extra item info or using another Form, for example: the user double clicks the item (or presses a button after selecting an item) and a new Form opens showing that info, something like that.

Frenzied Member

Re: Add Subrow to an MSHFlexGrid

Ya, it looks like I'm stuck with something like that.
    (VB/C#) is clearly superior to (C#/VB) because it (has/doesn't have) <insert trivial difference here>.