Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FORUM ISSUES: Report Upgraded Issues in this thread

Re: FORUM ISSUES: Report Upgraded Issues in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    omg - it's dropping double o's now...
    I dug dep into this isue and determined the rot of the problem is not the forum software, but one of the people using using it. I tok some time to talk to myself about the problem, and hope to not se it kep hapening....

Brad!

Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

PowerPoster

Most of the client-side script has been broken for me today (none of the font/size/link/quote/etc. text entry/edit panel buttons working - most grayed out). Silly autosave seems to still be running though.

Site hardly stays up long enough to make the simplest post though. Let's see if this one gets through!

Most of the client-side script has been broken for me today (none of the font/size/link/quote/etc. text entry/edit panel buttons working - most grayed out).
    Same here.

I also, I can't tell if somebody has all ready reported this, but it looks like there is something wrong with banner:
    Attachment 91375
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Oh good they fixed it...the icons are back!!
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

New issues introduced yesterday should now be fixed. A setting got changed that should not have.... It has been corrected.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

Well at least we they they are hard at work on this. That's good to know.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

Seems to be working much better today, have not had a hang nor an error since I logged in the first time today. It even seems to be loading pages at a reasonable speed so far and with no missing icons or links

Don't really wanna get my hopes up as yet, but yea it works very well for the moment.

Hope this is permanent.

Yep...there is hope. I just used the Advanced editor to post to a thread and it submitted in about 3 seconds....something I haven't seen in weeks!!! Good work guys!!!!!

Oh God it works beautifully . As of this post, I've been here about 20 minutes now and its performance is superb!. Whatever you guys did it worked. Not a single delay when posting, no stall outs, no DB errors, just pure bliss....

@ Niya, there is no need to multiple post like that if the edit post button/link isn't broken use it.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Sorry, couldn't resist seeing posts go through so quickly for the first time in what seemed like forever

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    I have the dev's loking into this.
    !
    Well that's disappointing. Surely this magnitude of problem deserves the attention of the High King!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

You;re a little late...site's been working great for about 8 hours now

PowerPoster

Since the last change pages seem to load properly and completely, have not saw any instances where the page would load as plain text or with missing icons or slow to a crawl. Postings seems to be working smoothly again and have not saw that annoying popup where I had been seeing it very often. So far it seems to be working as it should.

Let's not say too much yet so that we don't jinx it.....

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Fanatic Member

I assume the search facility is still not working? I searched for "FTP" and got no matches, which I know is wrong. Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere ...

Don't wanna tempt fate here now that the site's working great but is the member list going to be re-instated ?

I've asked Heidi to rebuild the search index. This is a very (very) long process to run as this forum is very (Very) large. It took nearly a week the last time we ran it. let's see if we can crank it faster this time and then see if that fixes the issues with search.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Member list - let's let things run for a while. If the speed stays good, then we can turn the member list back on and see what happens.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

One more call for the re-instatement of the code tags on the quick reply button.

I've been away for a few weeks. It sounds like things may be going better now.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

i just got a double post...
    i posted a quick reply + was navigated to the advanced editor, where thinking my post hadn't been posted, i clicked submit.

Yeah, I just got a double post, too, except that it was caught with the message that I had to wait a further 24 seconds before posting again. That's the same old stuff that was happening a few weeks back. Speed seems better, some problems still remain.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

I've been seeing a few issues over the last 2 days, more today than yesterday. I have had a few insantances where when I try to load a page I get an unable to connect message right away a few others where it took quite a while to load a page like 1-2 minutes or so and a few instances where the top part of the page loading as though it were in plain text mode.

In general it is working better and faster than over the last few weeks but still seem to be some issues.

Yep - things are getting better, but I agree we aren't "there" yet. I'll keep pushing (and I'm sure you guys will too! )

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Today I noticed three(exact) threads posted by the same user within seconds of each other in the vb.net forum. I doubt that the user intended on doing that, atleast hope he didn't intend to. Also, I had the same issue as .paul. today as well.

Testing for double post issue

Quote Originally Posted by pshankar View Post
    Testing for double post issue
    *beep*...*beep*...

You will be now redirected to this page: Forum Test Area

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Wait a min...how did pshankar get his name to be red. Is there a special way to do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Wait a min...how did pshankar get his name to be red. Is there a special way to do that ?
    He's an Admin !

Check this: http://www.vbforums.com/showgroups.php#groups_2

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Oh....I expected admins/mods to be older(earlier join date) and have lots of posts. I thought this was an ordinary user who figured out some magic mojo.

Nope - It is a developer working on the site and trying to continue fixing some of the remaining issues. They have done a lot to fix the speed issues. i was given a list of things that have been done and I know there are a few more things they are working on.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Oh cool....they're doing a great job!

I have an error, dunno if y'all are doing this on purpose or not, but I don't like regardless. Attachment 91479

Can you duplicate this issue, or was it a one-time deal?

Brad!

It's happened twice now, but I can't duplicate it. What's odd is when I added the attachment, it grew. However, it only grew to half of the size it should've been.

PowerPoster

I have also saw some formatting issues on page loads not the one described but have saw a few times where the page was not correctly loaded. Usually a refresh corrects the problem

I've seen this a couple times however too, I didn't really see it as a big issue since I've observed similar things with other websites. Even Yahoo.com loads without formatting from time to time and a refresh fixes it. Way I see it we've gotten so used to the site not working properly since the upgrade that we forget that the internet itself isn't perfect and every malfunction is assumed to be an "upgrade boogyman" if you will. It will get harder and harder to tell the real "upgrade boogymen" from occasional browser/internet glitches.

PowerPoster

Looks like we are back to being painfully slow. Yesterday and today I have noticed that it is takign a long time to display the quick reply window, a very long time to display the reply with quote. Once you are able to type in text an try to post this is also taking a long time again and more often than not does not return you back to the thread, just sits there looking like it is still trying to post. In most cases the reply is already posted but there is no way to tell without going back to the thread and checking.

Was working good for a while but now seems like it is back to what it was doing before.

@DataMiser, most indubitably.

I got a security token error today and I have no idea how. I just tried to edit my post.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast