Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: FORUM ISSUES: Report Upgraded Issues in this thread

Exclamation FORUM ISSUES: Report Upgraded Issues in this thread

In order to centralize issuse into one place, please use this thread to report problems you see from our upgraded.

(note this upgrade won't happen until Monday, so don't report issues before then since... well duh. )

To reiterate the announcement:

>> Search will not initially work. We will be rebuilding the index which takes a lot of time due to the size of this forum.

>> Index and other counters might be off for a short period as they get rebuilt as well.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: FORUM ISSUES: Report Upgraded Issues in this thread

Might want to make this a stickie along with the other thread about the announcement, so that on Monday we can find it faster and easier... especially if the search is going to be busted.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Once the update happens, I'm guessing there will be enough traffic in this thread to make it appear as if it were a sticky post

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Once the update happens, I'm guessing there will be enough traffic in this thread to make it appear as if it were a sticky post
    Maybe you could add a link to this thread in then announcement about the new upgrade?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Addicted Member

Until the search function works, a simple Google search will probably give you what you need.

In the Google search bar, simply type:

<keywords> site:vbforums.com

For example, if I wanted to find the Olympics thread I started, I might type something like

Olympics moonman239 site:vbforums.com

or

2012 London Olympics site:vbforums.com

into the search bar.

I'll create a small code snippet to be used in place of the built-in forum search.
    Do not read this sentence.
    You read that last one, didn't you?
    Darn. You now read the previous two.

Check out my pins on Pinterest!

PowerPoster

Search engines like http://duckduckgo.com/ also support that syntax, for those who prefer not to be tracked and bubbled like Google does to you.

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

I suppose the "cant display page" errors when clicking "Go to latest reply" in a subscribed thread is part of the indixing issue?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

All the code boxes used to be legible but the format of them has changed to being one line tall with a scroll bar...effectively making it impossible for me to get any perspective of what I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by KJJohnson_05 View Post
    All the code boxes used to be legible but the format of them has changed to being one line tall with a scroll bar...effectively making it impossible for me to get any perspective of what I'm looking at.
    Yeah, I don't like the new code boxes.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Frenzied Member

not sure if it's only me but getting HTTP 500 internal server error for http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...d-automaticlly post (ASP.NET forum)

Interesting, when I click that link I don't receive an error just a blank white page.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    I suppose the "cant display page" errors when clicking "Go to latest reply" in a subscribed thread is part of the indixing issue?
    I was wondering the same thing. Some seem to work, others don't.

Gary

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Not sure this is really a technical issue but something I found confusing at first (and think I've figured out now). The Reply buttons are quite couter intuitive in their appearance. I'd have expected the big blue button on the left with Reply to Thread on it to call up the Reply dialogue where I could enter my reply but I think this is actually functioning as a submit button for the quick reply function. The button I was looking for was the linky type button on the right that just reads Reply.

Given that the quick reply area has it's own Post Quick Reply button, it's hard to see what that Reply To Thread button is really for.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Interesting, when I click that link I don't receive an error just a blank white page.
    I got this error in IE browser however in firefox it shows blank page

Quote Originally Posted by riteshjain1982 View Post
    I got this error in IE browser however in firefox it shows blank page
    Ah, I am using Fire fox I haven' tried IE yet.

VB codes ( HIGHLIGHT ) blocks are become vary small
    please make it like previous
    for better visualization of the problem please visit this page where you can see cade block window is fixed for about 1Cm standard height
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

I get a "Server error" when visiting this link:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...recommendation

Running Win 7, Chrome.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Not sure this is really a technical issue but something I found confusing at first (and think I've figured out now). The Reply buttons are quite couter intuitive in their appearance. I'd have expected the big blue button on the left with Reply to Thread on it to call up the Reply dialogue where I could enter my reply but I think this is actually functioning as a submit button for the quick reply function. The button I was looking for was the linky type button on the right that just reads Reply.

Given that the quick reply area has it's own Post Quick Reply button, it's hard to see what that Reply To Thread button is really for.
    Huh... the blue reply button worked for me as you expected... it took me to the full reply screen... The "Reply with Quote" quoted the post and dropped me into the Quick Reply box - very nice as that's something I do a lot and quite often forget to hit hte include post in reply option. Very happy it now does it automatically. Haven't tried the plain "Reply" button/link just yet... I'm sure I'll find a chance here shortly though.

-tg

Fanatic Member

I miss that we don't get the navigation path towards the end of the page. You could read the last post and then you didn't have to scroll all the way back up to go back to the forum; the forum navigation tool bar was just there. eg. at the top we see VBForums->Community -> Forum Feedback -> FORUM ISSUES: Report Upgraded Issues in this thread. This was also present towards the end of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by rjv_rnjn View Post
    I miss that we don't get the navigation path towards the end of the page.
    We will ask the devs to add the 'bread crumbs' back to the end of the forum threads.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

OK, things that aren't working for me (in no particular order and nothing of a major concern):
    A couple times I've used the Quick Reply... I get prompted if I want to Leave the Page or Stay on the page.... and then it seems to hang.
    While typing in a reply when I hit the far right side, the quick reply, rather than breaking on a word and wrapping, as I would expect.... broke it in the middle of a word. It posted OK, but caused confusion on my part.

The text look
    ed like this. it
    was unexpect
    ed.

There was a third item.... only now I've forgotten it. I see broken images all over the place, but I suspect that will be corrected in due time.

Oh, the third item... it used to be that when I hit the tab button from the quick reply window, it would go to the "submit" button for the quick reply... it no longer does. Once I'm in the quick reply, the tab doesn't do anything. USed to be nice to type in the reply, hit tab, then space and it would post.

-tg

FORUM TIP:

If you click on "Post reply to thread" twice, you will go to the advanced reply button. If you click it only once, you go to the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread.

Brad!

Fanatic Member

We will ask the devs to add the 'bread crumbs' back to the end of the forum threads.
    Thank you very much!

FORUM TIP:

If you click on "Post reply to thread" twice, you will go to the advanced reply button. If you click it only once, you go to the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread.

Brad!
    Hmmm.... you mean double-click the "Reply to Thread" button... clicking twice just goes to the Quick Reply box twice...

-tg

Couple issues, code tags do word wrapping which makes code blocks with long lines of code look unruly. Its difficult to read. Highlight tags have a tiny code box which I'm sure is some kind of error. I'm also getting server errors trying to access certain pages(even when trying to make this post, it timed out). When typing in a reply, the box no longer wraps a word to the next line when it passes the right side, I can learn to live with this though.

I'm willing to give this a shot but to be perfectly honest, I wish they never upgraded. The forums were fine before. On the plus side, I'm glad they didn't add that annoying side panel you see at CodeGuru so all is not lost. There are obviously kinks in this upgrade(like the highlight issue I mentioned above) so I'm gonna take a week off from here to give the guys a chance to fix all the little issues with the forums. These little annoyances make this upgrade unusable to me. Its really aching to wonder if clicking the next link would return some kind of 'server error' and any one who knows me here knows how much I love highlight tags

I'll check in on this thread from time to time to see how the admins are coming along with dealing with the issues. Cya in week guys
    Last edited by Niya; Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Oh yes, and regardless of my feelings on the matter, I'd like to say good job guys. Its not fair to expect it to be perfect.
    Last edited by Niya; Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I've used the Quick Reply... I get prompted if I want to Leave the Page or Stay on the page.... and then it seems to hang.
    This happened to me as well, then I was unable to access the web site. This happened at 10:48 MST, I am using IE8.
    That is the very essence of human beings and our very unique capability to perform complex reasoning and actually use our perception to further our understanding of things. We like to solve problems. -Kleinma

Does your code in post #46 look like my code in #45? No, it doesn't. Therefore, wrong is how it looks. - jmcilhinney

Great job guys... But you should have told us about how much time it would take for the updation. Since morning, I was frequently visiting the site to the new look. But, I wasn't able to see any posts until evening. Eventhough I received a "new-reply" notification on ThEiMp's thread at noon, I wasn't able to view the site.

It might take some more days to get used to this new look. The only thing that I found itching is the top section of the forum, where you show the logo+ad+featured_articles+userbar.

I think, it could have been updated with a new look too.

I have tried applying Photoshop to it, and have attached the result with this post(see the attached image). I am not good at designing.

Name:  design.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  131.6 KB

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Performance for me has been horrible this morning. To some extent, that was due to the system I was using earlier, but VBForums has failed to respond on a couple occasions. I assume that this has to do with the ongoing roll-out. I figured I'd post it as information.

Other than that, I can get used to the new format. Works as I would expect, except that I have gone where I didn't expect to go a couple times. I assume that was user error.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Just noticed that I am getting a 500 Internal Server Error for certain threads in CC. Since it was CC, I figured that it might be a new feature that filtered out innanity, but it can't be that, since I can still view SOME threads in there. I haven't seen that in any other forum outside CC, yet.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

but VBForums has failed to respond on a couple occasions
    same for me. Even now I'm struggling just to navigate to the homepage(www.vbforums.com)
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJJohnson_05 View Post
    Seems the regular code box works fine but not the ones that do coloring.

Minor irritant: The "Quick Links" menu option comes and goes... the "Quick Links" menu doesn't show up when I view New Posts (which is what I use more often than not) ... but Mark Forum Read is always there, which doesn't make sense if I'm viewing a search result.... ????

-tg

Another vb.net programming forum I'm apart of upgraded to vbulletin v4x about a year ago and they had all kinds of issues with the CODE and HIGHLIGHT tags right after the upgrade. They did eventually fixed them but they also installed a different tagging thing called XCODE. You can use [XCODE=vb][/XCODE] to denote vb.net syntax and all that, it displays much nicer than the [HIGHLIGHT=vb][/HIGHLIGHT] does.
    xcode:
    Attachment 89977

highlight:
    vb Code:
    1. Private Sub MySub
    2.     Dim X As Integer = 0
    3. End Sub

Which brings me to a bug I just found, in FF 10 on Win7 x64 I click the attach file and select an image file on my computer and when I click the Upload file button it does nothing, it just sits there and I can't find any other way to upload a file to attach to a post.

Edit:
    I was able to attach the image using the Image button on the quick post box, the attachments window off the advanced editor still does nothing.
    Last edited by JuggaloBrotha; Jul 30th, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All Threads • Colors ComboBox • Fading & Gradient Form • MoveItemListBox/MoveItemListView • MultilineListBox • MenuButton • ToolStripCheckBox • Start with Windows

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

As for the "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" popup message when you are only viewing hte page, I had this on my forum for a bit but figured it out as a php config setting would resolve it.

I increased both these settings, PHP Post Max Size and PHP Memory Limit, and the annoying nag pop up message disappeared
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Code:
    Public Class TestButton
        Inherits Control

Protected Overrides Sub OnPaint(ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs)
            MyBase.OnPaint(e)
            e.Graphics.DrawImage(My.Resources.GB_Gray, MyBase.ClientRectangle) 'Really long line test:e.Graphics.DrawImage(My.Resources.GB_Gray, MyBase.ClientRectangle)'e.Graphics.DrawImage(My.Resources.GB_Gray, MyBase.ClientRectangle)
        End Sub

End Class
    Nice!! They fixed the word wrapping with code tags. I still like my highlight tag though . I'll have to use code for the time being then.

EDIT:

Nvm, it only works in preview mode.

Oh wow....it still word wraps.....it only works good in preview post.....bummer

I tried pming Brad but all I received was a white page that is when I go via the index page but when go to a username and click "Private Message" it works.

Edit:

Also, Sid's FAQ in the Application Testing forum doesn't load correctly, just a white page.

Did they purge the search results? Only the posts I have made since the upgrade appear when I do a search for my latest posts.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Jul 30th, 2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Adding more!

The "white page" issue is beeing looked into. That has been reported several times and we are diggin ginto it. That is not an issue that we had on our other migrations. The developers are working on that one.

The search results we commented on -- until the search database is completely rebuilt, you'll only get new results showin. That process will take time to happne. It took a couple of days before the index was built completely on Codeguru, so give that time and it will be back.

As to PMing me.... you are better to email me. bjones/\internet.com. If it si about issues, you are best to put it into this thread. The key developer for the migration is reviewing this thread, so it will be seen quickest if you report it here.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Something I noticed today is this:
    Attachment 89983

Something small, prob just a sizing issue.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast