Thread: [RESOLVED] Test Client doesn't work in .net 3.5

Resolved [RESOLVED] Test Client doesn't work in .net 3.5

I will begin by admitting I have literally just started learning to use a WCF Service, and am doing so in Visual Basic .NET. I use Visual Web Developer 2010 Expres and WCF Web Service Application is the only WCF Template available. I was able to create a working test service using .net 4.0. Also, with the default template, I am able to use wcftestclient.exe to test the functions in the template. As soon as I choose to convert/target .Net 3.5 (without changing the default template), debugging with the WCF Test Client window fails and displays the "cannot obtain metadata" error. Also, the conversion from .net 4.0 to 3.5 generates two warnings in the Web.config file referencing "The required attribute 'name' is missing." and "The 'multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' attribute is not allowed." These errors reference to the code shown below:
    Code:
    <behavior><!-- To avoid disclosing metadata information, set the value below to false and remove the metadata endpoint above before deployment -->
    <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/><!-- To receive exception details in faults for debugging purposes, set the value below to true.  Set to false before deployment to avoid disclosing exception information -->
    <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false"/>
    </behavior>
    </serviceBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
    <serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true"/>
    I was wondering if anyone knows about this issue, perhaps WCF Test Client is not compatible with .NET 3.5? Can someone replicate this problem or there a workaround I should know about?
    Last edited by newbcoder; Jul 25th, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Re: Test Client doesn't work in .net 3.5

Well, after editting my search in google A LOT, if found my answer here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...red-web-config