Thread: [RESOLVED] Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().lastwritetime doesn't work in deployed Clickonce exe

Resolved [RESOLVED] Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().lastwritetime doesn't work in deployed Clickonce exe

Hi guys,i published a program using Clickonce, and I'm trying to get a date of when the .exe or .application is built/published in VS2010 on my computer, so that a client can see that date when they run the application on their computer.

But it seems during runtime the publish version info using the ApplicationDeployment class is working, but the date info from Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly() only works during debug.

Any suggestions how to get a date for the .exe/.application?

Or maybe a workaround of simply using the date of when the file was last written? please enlighten me
    thx

Re: [RESOLVED] Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().lastwritetime doesn't work in deployed

you resolved this yourself?
    what was the solution?

Re: [RESOLVED] Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().lastwritetime doesn't work in deployed

oops... it looks like:
    FileInfo(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location).LastWriteTime
    only gets me the time of when the setup.exe is installed on the client's computer, not when I build the project in VS and publish it(during which the .exe, .application and the 'Application files' are generated).
    Sorry about that... Now there doesn't seem to be an un-Resolved flag on the thread.
    Last edited by SandiegoSSD; Jul 20th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.