dcsimg

Thread: Trying to solve bootstrapper related issue. then stumbled onto this..

Trying to solve bootstrapper related issue. then stumbled onto this..

Hi guys. i have a project upgraded from vb08 to vs2010, and it uses some interop to call matlab as COM server. When I tried to deploy the project in VS, using setup wizard, I built the setup project and got these errors:

An error occurred generating a bootstrapper: Unable to finish updating resource...

And:

A single valid machine type compatible with the input type library must be specified.

It seems like a very vague and general question that so far there's no clear answer on msdn about this.

What makes it worse was I saw some ms mod suggests: "Use the workaround of running 64 bit command line directly. . Like this":

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\x64\TlbImp.exe" C:\Windows\system32\ieframe.dll /namespace:SHDocVw /machine:x64 /out: obj\x64\Debug\Interop.SHDocVw.dll

so i listened and run this in command line... now I'm kinda desperate, since this didn't make my case any better, and I don't know how to get back. Can somebody tell me how to undo it??
    Last edited by SandiegoSSD; Jul 19th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Re: Trying to solve bootstrapper related issue. then stumbled onto this..

Sorry for being a noob, but i don't know what was done by running that line in command line. I navigate into the folder location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\x64\TlbImp.exe and have no idea what those files do..