dcsimg

Thread: Trying to get rid of lines starting with 'UPGRADE_WARNING..

Trying to get rid of lines starting with 'UPGRADE_WARNING..

Hi guys, i just(finally) finished upgrade a vb6 code into vb.net 2008 and then vs 2010. I'm pretty happy that it works. except for one minor but noisome thing: I used MS upgrade wizard to convert in the first place and it generated a line starting with : 'UPGRADE_WARNING at EVERY place where there's a warning or error.

So i have pretty much thousands of them in comments and it looks pretty green.
    I'm seeking a way , without manually search for each line and delete it, that would find any line that starts with 'UPGRADE_WARNING and delete the WHOLE line. that means i can't simply replace them with space cuz they're all different warnings..
    any ideas appreciated.
    Maybe there's a little script out there that works? or Microsoft Word does such magic(I doubt)?

Re: Trying to get rid of lines starting with 'UPGRADE_WARNING..

ohh.... it seems if I use Wildcards when replacing them and search for 'UPGRADE_WARNING:*
    they do all get snooped out and replaced.. thx though...

PowerPoster

Re: Trying to get rid of lines starting with 'UPGRADE_WARNING..

Well in general the upgrade path is not reccomended and those upgrade warning messages are there to tell you about potential problems, each should be addressed before they are removed.