PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197

PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197
Send form to 'back'?-VBForums

Thread: Send form to 'back'?

Lively Member

Question Send form to 'back'?

Hi,

I have a Net book with Windows 7 starter edition.
    As you may or may not know, you cannot change the wallpaper on Starter Edition.

I know there are programs out there that will run and show a picture but they all contain other things that I do not need running in the background.

I am going to create a form with a picture box on and just have it run at start up without showing in the taskbar etc.

What I need help with;
    Is there a way so that I can set the form to be showing, but behind the shortcuts on my desktop?

Or do you have any other ways of doing it?

Thanks

PowerPoster

Re: Send form to 'back'?

At design time set the form's property BackgroundImage with your favorite picture, then use the following code
    vb Code:
    1. Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    2.         Dim w As System.Drawing.Rectangle = My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea
    3.         Me.FormBorderStyle = Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.None
    4.         Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal
    5.         Me.Left = w.X
    6.         Me.Top = w.Y
    7.         Me.Width = w.Width
    8.         Me.Height = w.Height
    9.     End Sub

Because the form hasn't borders, you cannot minimize to show your desktop, so you may need to add a button to minimize the form
    vb Code:
    1. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    2.         Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized
    3.     End Sub

Lively Member

Thanks, I did not know about the My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea I thought I was going to have to do it the long way.

Is there no way of setting the form to be behind the shortcut icons on my desktop but in front of the windows wallpaper then?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Karl.Green View Post
    Is there no way of setting the form to be behind the shortcut icons on my desktop but in front of the windows wallpaper then?
    No, AFAIK there is no way for that.