Thread: Feedback Wanted: What you like about Metro / Win8

Question Feedback Wanted: What you like about Metro / Win8

I'm going to do a couple of articles (possibly), so I'm looking for some feedback that I'll aggregate together. I'm posting a couple of threads to capture this from you -

In this thread, the question is:

What is something you really like about Microsoft's Metro or Windows 8? Please state the complaint and then provide some information on why.

(I probably should have separated Win8 from Metro, but I think this will work).
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Feedback Wanted: What you like about Metro / Win8

I like Windows To Go.

I'll start by saying tha tone thing I really like about Windows 8 is Windows To Go. This is a cool feature that let's me have a Windows PC on a USB drive (for the most part). I find it great to be able to use a USB drive to get windows 8 running on my work computer (that is Windows XP based). Until the company lets me run Windows 8, this si a work-around that lets me run both on one system without actually installing a VHD or other software on the actual work machine.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

I like the lack of Chrome on some applications

While there are things about Metro I don't care for, being able to play a game in full screen with no chrome is pretty nice. The same is true with the browser. The chromelessness of the Metro version gives more space for the site content I want to see.
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

I like Live Tiles and the new ribbon on Windows Explorer

I think Live Tiles are the next step in the evolution of icons... i.e. icons that DO something and the new Windows Explorer is somewhat nice. It's an improvement to the Windows 7 one. Sadly, that's all I like about Windows 8. I actually don't like the lack of Chrome on some applications and I don't plan on ever using Windows to Go. I also wish Live Tiles really were the next evolution of icons and could be placed on the working desktop. My list of "things I hate about Windows 8" is far, far larger.
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein