Thread: scrolling container?

scrolling container?

I trying to use/make a form container that will scroll. I'm working on a program that has a fixed size, one of the tabs needs to be able to scroll down results returned from a DB, and those queried items need to be displayed next to comboBoxes...
    I.E.
    bed1 [comboBox](list of active customers to choose from)
    bed2 [comboBox](list of active customers to choose from)

Re: scrolling container?

A DataGridView will supply scrollbars if the content does not fit entirely on the screen. If you want actual controls, such as buttons or comboboxes to appear 'off screen' so the user has to scroll to them (not user-friendly) then most container controls support this and will supply scrollbars.

Re: scrolling container?

Alternatively, it looks like you have a couple labels and a couple comboboxes. Since anything that is not on the screen effectively doesn't exist, you could create all the controls that you can show at design time, then add a scrollbar on the right side. Whenever the value of the scrollbar changes, change what is displayed in each label and combobox. That's pretty much how datagridviews, listboxes, and the like work anyways. They don't spend any time writing to cells that aren't on the display. Instead, they fill the display with the number of cells that can be shown, then populate those displayed cells based on the value of the scrollbar.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing