Thread: Help running Mac on PC

Help running Mac on PC

I am running windows 7 but am trying to find a way to install mac so i can boot it up when i start the computer instead of running a host OS like windows 7. I have heard about OSx86 which seems to be what i am looking for. But just wondering if anyone is doing this and has experience with running 2 operating systems beside each other?

Re: Help running Mac on PC

I managed to dual-boot my pc awhile back with Windows 7 and Leopard, check post #21 here.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Addicted Member

I prefer using a VIrtual Machine for Mac OS X. It's slower though...

I think I used the above method to get it to work on a virtual machine too although, it has been a while and I have forgotten what I did to get it to work.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Addicted Member

You can just use bing and you will find the exact steps to make Lion work with VMWare

it's possible to get it to work on a standard pc using an oem install dvd. You have to create a custom bootloader on a usb stick though. If you really want to do this there are many benefits (besides the fact it prevents a whole lot of hang-ups in the install process) to putting osx on a second drive. If you put it on a single drive with multiple partitions you are just asking for trouble, as it insists on being in the first partition or it won't boot. After you create your multi-boot setup you can run easybcd to set up osx to launch from 7 or vista's boot loader. It will actually install its own bootloader replacing the mac one, but still functioning graphically,etc. Good luck. Mac is becoming a strong contender, especially with the android compatibility library (free to beta testers) that lets you run android apps on your desktop.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell