Thread: Auto login windows app to asp.net web page

Addicted Member

Auto login windows app to asp.net web page

Hello There,

I have this requirements on my project and i dont know where to start. i need to create a web page using asp.net that accept parameters username and password and this page will be called by windows application, so windows app will pass username and password in order log in my web page.

i did some google and still dont get it.. they say it can be done using POST method in the form..please guide me on this..

thank you in advance!

Re: Auto login windows app to asp.net web page

Is this a windows application that a user will be using or an application that will be running unattended?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishcake View Post
    Is this a windows application that a user will be using or an application that will be running unattended?
    lets say my log in form will be in windows application when a user type username and password in the form which is in a windows app .. it should be logged in into my web page or website..

King of sapila

Interesting.I haven't done something like this but what i am thinking is using a web service as the middle tier, pass the log info to the web service that will use the asp.net membership provider to log you in and return.Actually i don't know if this will work but you can give it a shot.
    The second thing to do i guess is to use the windows forms WebClient class or HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse. Good luck.
    Last edited by sapator; Jul 4th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·