Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows Backup: cyclic redundancy check

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows Backup: cyclic redundancy check

Hi,

I am just backing up my system, my external drives included when I received this error:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file H:\Win7(32NTSF)+VS10+Oracle11gR2\564d0283-97ac-6be0-ee0f-bcf65d3d662d.vmem. Error:(Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (0x80070017))
    The virtual machine is not in use, in fact I uninstall the VM software to try and solve a different problem yesterday. What is happening? Should I just manually copying the files to my hard drive instead?

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: Windows Backup: cyclic redundancy check

a crc error is caused from bad removable storage media. Evidently the dvd you were burning to was bad.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

The file was on my usb hard drive. I found this although, I don't know whether or not it will solve the problem?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

it's odd. I just had the exact same problem. I was transferring a 6gb file from one of my hard drives via usb to sata adapter, and i suffered the exact same error you did, three different times. The fourth attempt read it. I would suggest to simply hit retry again and again.

The strange thing in my case is that it only seems to be happening with the above file when backing up via Windows backup.

i would guess that you had a 2nd usb drive to back up to connected at the same time and overloaded the data throughput on the usb port. just a guess. If this is the case connect one to the back of the computer and one to the front. That will ensure different controllers.
    Last edited by Lord Orwell; Jun 14th, 2012 at 09:17 PM.

Nope, that isn't the case because I already have my Maxtor drive connected at the back of my pc and connect the Seagate (Flash drives, etc) to the front usb ports. I think it might be Windows complaining about nothing.