Thread: [RESOLVED] query on my pc security

Resolved [RESOLVED] query on my pc security

Guys,

Good day!

I would like to ask what is the best antivirus or pc security software today?
    Is it ok to install two antiviruses? Won't there by any conflict?

My OS is winxp sp3.

Thanks.

Re: query on my pc security

There's no such thing as "the best anti-virus" software as each product is different and it really depends how they are programmed to deal small to large threats on systems. Anti-virus products were made to minimize these threats around the internet not to stop them permanently because it can still keep going as we have the knowledge and tools to create them. As for the second question, no it is not Ok to install two anti-virus products on a system due to conflict and the impact it can have on system performance. In my opinion a secure system should have
    1. A decent anti-virus product or internet security product eg. AVG, Kaspersky, avira, Avast.
    2. An on-demand malware scanner eg. Malwarebytes
    3. A firewall to manage your incoming and outgoing connections if you only have an anti-virus product

the firewall you stated in item #3, does this refer to the windows firewall or there is a software that would act as a firewall?

thanks for your opinion by the way. i appreciate it.

A combination of Microsoft Security Essentials (free) and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware ($15 for the pro version with lifetime updates or free for the standard version).
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

Quote Originally Posted by ichix_jaxx View Post
    the firewall you stated in item #3, does this refer to the windows firewall or there is a software that would act as a firewall?

thanks for your opinion by the way. i appreciate it.
    A 3rd party firewall I was referring to but I think it's best to stay with Windows Firewall.