Thread: [RESOLVED] Want To Modify Menu On Website

Resolved [RESOLVED] Want To Modify Menu On Website

I'm adding a shopping cart and catalog to my website and so I want to modify the menu. I was going to add a second menu right below the present menu so I would have two horizontal lines of items in the two menus. I added a second menu and a second sitemap with a different name and a second SiteMapDataSource(SiteMapDataSource2). When I test, the second menu uses the first sitemap. I don't see how to get SiteMapDataSource2 to use my new sitemap which I have named WebP.sitemap.

I could add to the items in the first sitemap but I have 5 items displaying horizontally and I wanted to start a new line. I don't see how to format it if there is a way to get a maximum of 5 items on the top line and then a new line of horizontal items.
    Last edited by EntityX; May 10th, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

Re: Want To Modify Menu On Website

Instead of using a second sitemap and second SiteMapDataSource I just manually entered items for the second menu. The top line of menu items uses my sitemap and SiteMapDataSource1 and the second horizontal line of menu items is a second menu with the items manually entered.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

Re: [RESOLVED] Want To Modify Menu On Website

Hello,

You can definitely use multiple SiteMap files, and point that at different SiteMapDataSources. Have a look here for more information:

http://geekswithblogs.net/dlussier/a...04/115848.aspx

Gary