Thread: How to properly read the properties of a xps file?

Hyperactive Member

How to properly read the properties of a xps file?

Hey all, im making an application where i get some properties of a xps file, like how many pages it has and type of sheet (a4 etc), the current way im doing it is from an example searched around the net:
    Code:
    XpsDocument xpsdoc;
                DocumentReference xpsdocReference;
                FixedDocument doc;

xpsdoc = new XpsDocument(Properties.Settings.Default.PrintingDirectorySetting + "\\Selected\\" + splittedvalue[0].ToString(), System.IO.FileAccess.Read);
                    xpsdocReference = xpsdoc.GetFixedDocumentSequence().References.First();
                    doc = xpsdocReference.GetDocument(false);
    and then i just use doc.pages.count() to see how many pages that document has and then doc.close(), this is very slow it takes around 2-3 seconds to read 4 xps files, is there a faster way to achieve this? i might be missing something very obvious or not.

Thank you very much for your replies as usual.

Hyperactive Member

Re: How to properly read the properties of a xps file?

Well performance impact is not the only problem, it clearly takes alot of ram everytime i refresh it just adds up to the ram over and over again non stop... i dont know why this is happening though.

Anyways ive found a much faster way around the net:
    this article has all information needed, all i can say is the ram problem is gone and the performance difference is huge!

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...g-in-XPS-Files