Thread: [RESOLVED] VS 2010 - Settings question.

Resolved [RESOLVED] VS 2010 - Settings question.

Please look at the image.

How do I make the try{} catch{} foreach{} blocks collapsible? I see this as a default in Notepad++ when I change the language to C#

I have tried changing the edit --> toggle outlining settings, but no luck.

Here's how that code snippet looks in Notepad++

I have Reshaper installed and I wonder if that's causing some settings to be changed.
    Last edited by abhijit; May 7th, 2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Notepad++ image.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Re: VS 2010 - Settings question.

You've never been able to collapse any block smaller that a method in VS as far as I'm aware. Maybe there's an extension that provides that functionality but I don't think that it exists by default.

If the feature is that important to you, use N++ ... but as jmc noted, you can't collapse anything smaller than a method in the VS Editor.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

One option is to use regions, but I don't want to encroach on code checked in by my colleague.

I am pretty sure that there's something that will let me do this in VS2010. Perhaps it's an extension. I will have to find out.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'

can you use a #Region inside of a method? I've used it between methods, to group subs/functions/properties/private/public sections together, but never inside the sub itself.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I COULD do something like this:

Yes, you can have region blocks within a method.

Addicted Member

Actually there is a free extension that's pretty cool called C# Outline and can be downloaded from the Visual Studio Gallery on the MSDN site. Here's a direct link though...

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.micr...8-04b76e411ea8

Quote Originally Posted by BJHuffine View Post
    Actually there is a free extension that's pretty cool called C# Outline and can be downloaded from the Visual Studio Gallery on the MSDN site. Here's a direct link though...

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.micr...8-04b76e411ea8
    I might give that a try myself.