CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666 x2
    SPOINT 1TB 7200 SATAII 32MB NC
    LG GH22NS70 22X DVDRW OEM
    GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 550 TI OC
    500W PSU
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 MOBO

I am very interested buying the:
    OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 2.5" 120GB Solid State Hard Drive - £83.99

If i got this I would re-install my windows 7 x64 on it and also put all of my programs on it and then use the 1tb hdd for file and music, videos, etc

So my questions are:

Is it worth me buying a SSD?

How much faster will this be loading the OS and programs then my current HDD?

Will it run games better?

Is it best just to use it to boot OS and therefore i could buy a cheaper 30gb one?

Is this the best deal for a 120gb SSD?

could i drop a little bit of storage about 100gb for even faster speed and still good price?

How long does a SSD like this last? is it more then HDD
    A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value. - Isaac Asimov

Re: Upgrading to SSD

1. Yes, it's worth the $$$ to upgrade to SSD. A slowest SSD is at least 5X faster than a spinning HDD.
    2. Boot time for a fresh install of Win7 is around 10-15 sec, depending on other hardware you have in the system.
    3. Yes, it'll load games faster given that you install them on the SSD.
    4. No. With a OS only SSD you won't benefit much except for the boot time. If your programs are installed on a spinning HHD, they won't load any faster.
    5. No, that is not the best SSD deal. It is actually pretty bad. I don't know how prices go in Europe, but here in the US, you can get a Crucial M4 128 GB SSD for about 100 USD. As a matter of fact, Newegg.com 's today Shell Shocker sells it for $99, which starts at 1:00PM PDT.
    6. SSD's with higher capacity are faster than ones with lower capacity for the same model. Therefore, get the largest SSD you can afford.
    7. It's hard to say how long an SSD would last... It's still fairly new, but if you Google for SSD reliability between manufacturers, you'll find it varies quite a bit. Intel, Crucial and Samsung are on top of the reliable list while OCZ is just average. Therefore, unless you there is some amazing deals on OCZ, get Intel, Crucial or Samsung even they're a little more expensive.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

I'm using an SSD for 6 months now. Never going back to spinning HD. Everything is ULTRA Fast, but got used to it. Really worth the money, but you have to look around for some bargins.
    Last edited by Radjesh Klauke; May 7th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

If you found my post helpful, please rate it.

Codebank Submission: FireFox Browser (Gecko) in VB.NET, Load files, (sub)folders treeview with Windows icons

Thanks for the great advice I am defiantly going to upgrade as I am tired of my HDD being the only thing slowing my PCs performance down (pretty dramatically) plus the constant maintenance such as defag ........ although as SSD is a new technology most people can only afford the lower capacity drives and therefore my HDD will still have use for storing files, music, video, etc. so I think I should just part with the money =] its either that or i will spend it on something useless like rounds of beers XD again thanks for the help all i need now is a good price/Gigabyte ratio XD
    A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value. - Isaac Asimov

oh and the Shell Shocker is an external drive? I need a internal drive

PowerPoster

If your using Windows 7 (or later), or if your thinking of upgrading, then make sure the SSD has TRIM. Most SSDs should have that, but just check to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by seditives View Post
    oh and the Shell Shocker is an external drive? I need a internal drive
    No, the ext drive is the current shell shocker deal. The 128GB Crucial M4 SSD deal isn't live until 1:00PM PDT, which is still 2 hrs away.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

oh right sorry missed that point. And wow that is a brilliant deal for £61 (£0.48 / gb) I think I found a winner !!! thanks again stanav!