Thread: changing international character set in epson

Question changing international character set in epson

ESC/POS commands for Epson Printers.
    I'm trying to change the character set in my Epson printer.
    the ESC/POS command should be: ESC GS t n

where the value for n should be 13 (for hebrew in this case).
    but I don't know how to send the command to the printer.
    can anyone help me???
    Last edited by shaden; May 2nd, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Re: changing international character set in epson

Welcome to the forum!

How are you printing to the EPSON right now - using some kind of "PRINT #1" statement?

Usually you need to send an escape sequence - something like

Print #1, Chr(27) & "xyz";

It's been years since I've done this - show some code so we can make sure how you are using the printer.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Windows programs normally do not resort to a given printer's native control commands or escape sequences. This is the responsibility of the printer driver.

A program should be using the unified printer control operations language, generally via GDI calls that lie beneath a given programming language's printer support statements.

To use the full range of character sets on a given printer, normally that printer driver should handle the mapping between Unicode characters and the font you "print in" and the various character sets the actual printer supports.

If you really have to (or merely insist on) doing things the hard way, you might read How To Send Raw Data to a Printer Using the Win32 API from Visual Basic.

Just "printing" escape sequences to a printer will not work, since everything goes through GDI and the printer driver.

I have only very basic knowledge in programming.

thanks.
    Last edited by shaden; May 2nd, 2012 at 06:40 AM.