Delete Profiles script v1.9 win2008 R2 x64bit-VBForums

Thread: Delete Profiles script v1.9 win2008 R2 x64bit

Delete Profiles script v1.9 win2008 R2 x64bit

Hi Everyone,
    We use the Delete Profiles scipt v1.9 that Joe wrote on this website http://www.theshonkproject.com/index...d=50&Itemid=31

We use this script in a terminal server environment based on Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64bit servers and it is really usefull but it does not delete all the old orphaned profile directories for some reason. The log file says it is going to do it here is one user line example I have many over a few days e.g.-

Checking For Orphaned Profile Directories
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Deleting Orphaned Profile Directory: C:\Users\pnicholls.ACOMPANY.000

On attempting to debug it it says access denied but the account that runs this is a scheduled service account based in a group in AD that has complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain.

I contacted Joe and his reply to above was:-

"More than likely the script is failing due to the junction points that Microsoft added to the v2 profiles. I couple people have been able to successfully modify the script to execute linkd.exe (manages junctions) before deleting the files."

I am posting this to see if anyone has a modified version of this (as all has gone quite on asking Joe if he knows anybody who has this or if he can give me a copy) that works perhaps with what Joe advises above. I am not a VBasic writer and do not know how to do this so if anyone has got this to work please could they post me a copy of it here?

Many thanks
    Nigel

Re: Delete Profiles script v1.9 win2008 R2 x64bit

Welcome to VBForums

Thread moved from the 'VB6 and Earlier' forum to the 'VBScript' forum