Thread: VWD bug, error creating control

Smile VWD bug, error creating control

Hello,

I've been following a book and now when I'm trying to modify the master page I get the error creating control + the messages about having to put the attributes in quotation marks. These are in quotation marks already as you can see in the attached screenshot. Also pages that previously worked fine now also show the error creating control.

Did some files get corrupted or something. Or is this a bug in VWD. Hope someone can help me solve this!

Thanks for your time,
    Attached Images Attached Images   

King of sapila

Re: VWD bug, error creating control

No they are not in quotation marks.
    I don't know how you did that.The quotation marks are these: " " and you have something like these: `` and i cannot find the reverse side of this: `` but anyhow.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Yeah, some how you managed to get fancy quotes into your code there ... if you compare the quote marks in line 13 you'll see they differ from the ones in line 12. You should be able to do a find/replace (Ctrl+H) to replace them with the correct style of quotes.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Ah I should've noticed that. Must be from copy pasting from a pdf that caused it. Any idea about the cannot create control error, that's still not fixed by adjusting the quotes.

Thanks,