Thread: Where has Motorola/Symbol Developer Zone gone ?

Fanatic Member

Where has Motorola/Symbol Developer Zone gone ?

I can't see that forum anymore. There is still the signup form but the links to the actual devzone just take you round in circles showing links to software updates, downloads etc on the 'new devzone'. But I can't see a forum.

Anyone know where symbol developers go nowadays ?

thanks.
    Ian

PowerPoster

Re: Where has Motorola/Symbol Developer Zone gone ?

Been a while since I have been on thier site but I did call a while back. Seems like they have made a lot of changes recently. They used to be pretty helpful but the last call I made was basically if you do not have a support contract or warranty issue then they can not help you.

I have been working with and pushing Symbol hardware for almost 15 years but I think that is going to change.

Fanatic Member

Re: Where has Motorola/Symbol Developer Zone gone ?

Thanks DataMiser. I had that same response. Buy a support contract they said.

Anyway - I solved that problem. But here's a much smaller one. You mention that you've used Symbol products for 15 years ? in that case perhaps you can point me at a way to create a BatteryLevelChangedEventHandler like the one in the MT2000.Utils namespace.

That namespace doesn't want to work with my MC9090 devices.

Currently I'm periodically calling GetSystemPowerStatusEx in coredll.dll but would prefer to have an onchange event.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Ian