Thread: Vertical Health recharging.

Vertical Health recharging.

Hi guys i create my health bar with some help of my friend. It looks good but have a one small issue, just let the look at the screenshot, its recharging from the bottom to the top i want to get opposite situation - from top to the bottom.

Screen:

And piece of code:
    Code:
    ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
        If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

Set Buffer = New clsBuffer
        Buffer.WriteBytes Data()
        Player(MyIndex).MaxVital(Vitals.HP) = Buffer.ReadLong
        Call SetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP, Buffer.ReadLong)

If GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) > 0 Then
            'frmMain.lblHP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) / GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) * 100) & "%"
            frmMain.lblHP.Caption = GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) & "/" & GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP)
            ' hp bar
            frmMain.ImgHPBar.height = ((GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) / HPBar_Height) / (GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) / HPBar_Height)) * HPBar_Height
        End If

' Error handler
        Exit Sub
    errorhandler:
        HandleError "HandlePlayerHP", "modHandleData", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext
        Err.Clear
        Exit Sub
    End Sub

Re: Vertical Health recharging.

Basically to do this you (based off my Bosskillers game you'll see in my signature) you'll need a simple formula:

Health Recharging = (Time / Total Time To Recharge In Seconds) * Length Of Health Bar In Pixels

Or another way of doing it for just health in general:

Health = (Current Health / Total Health) * Length Of Health Bar In Pixels

This can be any direction you choose. Left to Right, Right to Left, Top To Bottom, Bottom To Top, or even circular if you choose. Its all a matter of playing with the values. Lets make a rectangle where top left is 0, top right is 1, bottom left is 2 and bottom right is one. To go from top to bottom you would need this:

vb Code:
    1. With Health_Bar
    2.         If Player.Stats.Total_Health <> 0 Then HP = (Player.Stats.Current_Health / Player.Stats.Total_Health) * .Frame_Size.Bottom
    4.         .Vertex_List(0) = Create_TLVertex(.X + .Frame_Size.Left, .Y + .Frame_Size.Top, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, 255), 0, 0, 0)
    5.         .Vertex_List(1) = Create_TLVertex(.X + .Frame_Size.Right, .Y + .Frame_Size.Top, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, 255), 0, 1, 0)
    6.         .Vertex_List(2) = Create_TLVertex(.X + .Frame_Size.Left, .Y + HR, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, 255), 0, 0, 1)
    7.         .Vertex_List(3) = Create_TLVertex(.X + .Frame_Size.Right, .Y + HR, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, 255), 0, 1, 1)
    8. End With