Thread: Date and Time quering !

Exclamation Date and Time quering !

Code:
    Dim purchasedate, purchasetime As String
            purchasedate = Date.Today
            purchasetime = Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss")
            Dim purchasetime2 As String = Now.AddSeconds(120).ToString("HH:mm:ss")
            Dim subtotal As String

'Totals the amount spent by the customer in one purchase
            Dim Str As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand
            'Totals the amount spent within the purchasing time period to ensure customer is not entitled to a prize more than once if theier spending is not over £100 
            Str.CommandText = "SELECT SUM(Total_spent) FROM Customer_Order WHERE CustomerID = " & GetcustomerID & " AND Order_Date = #" & purchasedate & "# AND Order_Time >= #" & purchasetime & "# AND Order_Time <= #" & purchasetime2 & "# "
            Str.Connection = cn
            subtotal = CType(Str.ExecuteScalar(), String)
    The "SELECT SUM(Total_spent) FROM Customer_Order WHERE CustomerID = " & GetcustomerID & " AND Order_Date = #" & purchasedate & "# AND Order_Time >= #" & purchasetime & "# AND Order_Time <= #" & purchasetime2 & "# " query seems to work in access but not in VB it passes down a null value to my stubtotal variable which is weird because it work fine in access

Any ideas?

Re: Date and Time quering !

For a start, don't use string concatenation to insert values into SQL code. Always use parameters. To learn why and how, follow the Blog link in my signature and check out my post on Parameters In ADO.NET. Once you've fixed that, post back if the issue persists.