Thread: Help with cell formatting

Help with cell formatting

Hi, I have a table where I have some elements and I want to be able to select which element property to use via a drop down menu. I have created a drop down menu, however I do not know how to make excel only look at that column and not the others.

Once excel looks at that column, I want excel to format some of the cells by coloring the cells with the top/bottom 10 values in the user selected colour from the drop down.

I have attached my excel file showing what I have done so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Help with cell formatting

The first drop down menu where the user selects the property to use is above the yellow square.

The drop down menus for the colours of the top/ bottom 10 value is in the yellow square.

PowerPoster

Re: Help with cell formatting

i have no idea from your post how you would know which cell to make what colour

i can not open your file as i only use an early version of excel
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete