Thread: Including outside library in my build

Including outside library in my build

I have created a project that imports an outside library (Meta.Numerics)....found at http://www.meta-numerics.net/

1st question:

How can I build my project to a .exe? Previously I was able to do this, but now the only way I can build a project is by publishing it an creating a "ClickOnce Application"

2nd question:

A user on a different computer is getting the error:
    "Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly Meta.Numerics Version 2.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first. Please contact your system administrator."

I'm guessing this is because they do not have the Meta.Numerics library on their machine. How do I include the library in the build so that they do not need to have the library installed?

Thanks

PowerPoster

Re: Including outside library in my build

You must be using one of the learning subset (Express) Editions. These only provide ClickOnce packaging so you'd have to use a 3rd party tool or upgrade to VS Pro or better I believe.

If the message about the GAC isn't clear to you you have some studying to do. Deployment isn't just about copying a DLL onto a target machine. Many .Net assemblies require GAC-ing as part of deployment.