Thread: Exporting from a single Acess database to multiple Excel files

Exporting from a single Acess database to multiple Excel files

Hi, I am not at all familiar with VB coding, and am self-taught on Access. I currently have a very large Acess query that I need to export into multiple excel files, as determined by one of the data columns. So i.e. all lines that share a certain value in the specified field go together in the same excel file, and each possible value of the field makes its own excel file. Like I said I haven't the first clue as to how to write code, but I'm not bad at taking something then reworking it to my purposes.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

PowerPoster

Re: Exporting from a single Acess database to multiple Excel files

What are you asking? How to write the query, how to export to Excel, how to interface VB with Excel, or something else? You need to provide a lot more information.

Also, this doesn't seem to be a reporting question. It seem like this is more suited for the Office Development forum.

Re: Exporting from a single Acess database to multiple Excel files

Sorry. I know that I need to write some VB script in order to do this, and after a whole lot of Googling I know it's possible, but I have no idea how to interpret the pieces of script I've found in my searches. I am asking for assistance in setting up a simple VB script that will take the big Access Query and export it into multiple Excel files, grouped by one of the fields in the query, rather than me having to filter and export manually 30+ times.

I am new to this forum so if this needs moving I apologize.