Thread: want to send text from VB to web email

want to send text from VB to web email

Hello,

I want to send text from VB to a certain web e-mail address how can I achieve this?

Regards.

PowerPoster

Re: want to send text from VB to web email

Sending email to a "web email address" is the same as sending it to any email address. The only thing "web" about them is that the users use a web-based client.

Or perhaps you mean something else by this?

Sending email from VB6 programs as a web-based email account user is another matter. This is generally impractical. However if the email system in question allows SMTP & POP3 access to its servers it might be possible to use SMTP with such an account.

Maybe you can be more explicit about what you want to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Sending email to a "web email address" is the same as sending it to any email address. The only thing "web" about them is that the users use a web-based client.
    Well, it all goes by the web-based email system no matter which way you want to put it. No matter if you use a program such as Outlook, etc or whether you access the system such as gmail directly.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

I'm guessing the question is about something like a Yahoo or Hotmail account without SMTP/POP access.