Thread: Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."

Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."

Users occasionally get this message through our application, but I have been unable to reproduce it, and it seems entirely random. I know that it is informational only, but the application is reporting it as an error. I had assumed it was coming back with a number of 0, so I trapped that (If Err.Number = 0...), but this just happened again, and clearly it is not that.

So, I was wondering if anyone actually *knows* what error number this returns. I "believe" it may be 5701, but I cannot verify that, since I cannot reproduce it. Also, if anyone knows how I can force this message, I would appreciate that as well.

And yes, I know I could trap it by checking the description, but I would rather use the number if at all possible.

Any help is much appreciated

Re: Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."

By reading the posts I could find on Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english." it seems like the error might have something to do with sqlsever. However, I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem I will keep looking.

Edit:

If you are using sql server you might be able retrieve a list of all the error codes from the database. Not sure if this would work:

Code:
    'Originally posted by FreeVBCode.com
    Try running

SELECT * FROM sysmessages

off the master table
    I found this which, might explain things.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Apr 14th, 2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Adding more!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Yes, it is definitely coming from SQL. It is not really an error, just part of what Microsoft calls a return code of SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO. I don't necessarily care why we get it, or how to make it stop, but I need a way to ignore it.

I know that I could simply parse the text of the error description, and if it comes back starting with "0100:" I will know that it is an SQL informational message and not an error, but I would like to catch it on the VB Error Number. I was under the impression that informational messages would come back with an error number of 0 (Err.Number), but that is not the case.

Based on your query (thanks, by the way), I find that SQL says the error number is 5703, which I had already suspected. But does VB also use that number in the Err object?

I don't think so, nothing but links referring to sql came up during the search of which I came across this link. I don't know if it will help you resolve the problem or not.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

Looking at the Microsoft article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/143339 it suggests that the error number is 5703. Is it possible to configure SQLServer to not report these?

From everything I have found on the issue, it is not possible to prevent the messages. It is most annoying, because it is a rare occurrence and seems to have no pattern at all. I added the ADO error number to the error message, so hopefully if it happens again the user will report it.