Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."-VBForums

Thread: Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."

Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."

Users occasionally get this message through our application, but I have been unable to reproduce it, and it seems entirely random. I know that it is informational only, but the application is reporting it as an error. I had assumed it was coming back with a number of 0, so I trapped that (If Err.Number = 0...), but this just happened again, and clearly it is not that.

So, I was wondering if anyone actually *knows* what error number this returns. I "believe" it may be 5701, but I cannot verify that, since I cannot reproduce it. Also, if anyone knows how I can force this message, I would appreciate that as well.

And yes, I know I could trap it by checking the description, but I would rather use the number if at all possible.

Any help is much appreciated

Re: Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english."

By reading the posts I could find on Error: "01000: Changed language setting to us_english." it seems like the error might have something to do with sqlsever. However, I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem I will keep looking.

Edit:

If you are using sql server you might be able retrieve a list of all the error codes from the database. Not sure if this would work:

Code:
    'Originally posted by FreeVBCode.com
    Try running

SELECT * FROM sysmessages

off the master table
    I found this which, might explain things.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Apr 14th, 2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Adding more!
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    Please consider giving me some rep points if I help you a lot.
    DON'T BUMP YOUR POSTS!!! Links to my code examples can now be found on my website: My websites
    Please rate my post if you find it helpful!
    Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of an idiot! I am that idiot.

Yes, it is definitely coming from SQL. It is not really an error, just part of what Microsoft calls a return code of SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO. I don't necessarily care why we get it, or how to make it stop, but I need a way to ignore it.

I know that I could simply parse the text of the error description, and if it comes back starting with "0100:" I will know that it is an SQL informational message and not an error, but I would like to catch it on the VB Error Number. I was under the impression that informational messages would come back with an error number of 0 (Err.Number), but that is not the case.

Based on your query (thanks, by the way), I find that SQL says the error number is 5703, which I had already suspected. But does VB also use that number in the Err object?

I don't think so, nothing but links referring to sql came up during the search of which I came across this link. I don't know if it will help you resolve the problem or not.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    Please consider giving me some rep points if I help you a lot.
    DON'T BUMP YOUR POSTS!!! Links to my code examples can now be found on my website: My websites
    Please rate my post if you find it helpful!
    Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of an idiot! I am that idiot.

PowerPoster

Looking at the Microsoft article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/143339 it suggests that the error number is 5703. Is it possible to configure SQLServer to not report these?

From everything I have found on the issue, it is not possible to prevent the messages. It is most annoying, because it is a rare occurrence and seems to have no pattern at all. I added the ADO error number to the error message, so hopefully if it happens again the user will report it.